First DE shave

So, thanks to alans fab PIF offer I have had my first PIF shave. Must admit I used my Men-u brush as I love it and prefer the feel of it to the wilkinson one, but I used the Wilkson Sword Classic razor with a Derby blade and some taylors of bond street lemon and lime! I loved the shaving cream, it was lovelly and made my skin feel great. The shave, well, it was good but due to it being my first I have a few nicks. However, my skin feels amazing! I feel I now have a problem. I have caught the bug and as soon as I am paid I feel some a proper full on razor will be needed!

When you get a chance..try an SE as well..very smooth and some say close to that of a straight razor..thought straight razors are in a league of their own..meh..try one of those also!..hehe

I'm glad you are taking to it. There may well be room for improvement in terms of hardware and software, but the main thing is to stick to it. "' Keep buggering on' as Mr Churchill used to say", as my mum has taken to saying: I doubt whether Mr C actually came out with that one, though it has something of his style.

My first DE shave was also a bit of an epiphany - although no choirs at mine :angel::icon_razz:

Seriously though, even in the few months that I have been DE shaving the experience has got more rewarding. Hopefully, it will be the same for you.

GilletteFusion said:
Stick with the soap and brush, forget the DE. Preparation is the key to a good shave. The multi-blade razors are light years ahead.

The multi-blade razors (3 or more) are light years ahead in providing me ingrown hairs and nothing else. The fewer the blades the better. The best multi-blade razors were the Trac II and Atra class of razors. More than 2 is overkill and extremely overpriced!

Here is admittance from Gillette general manager for new male products on what guys want!

"Guys don't say they want more blades. They want more comfort," Matt Wohl, Gillette general manager for new male products, said Wednesday.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/02/12/business/main6200088.shtml

He also missed the part that going back to two blades and a more reasonable cost structure is also what guys want but you can't have everything.

GilletteFusion said:
Stick with the soap and brush, forget the DE. Preparation is the key to a good shave. The multi-blade razors are light years ahead.

Whatever works, works. Multi blades leave me with razor burn & irritation. Not to mention the cost. I liked the twin blade sensor, but reverted back to blades after a while for greater comfort & economy.

But I do like that all types of razor users are represented on TSR, makes for a more interesting pool of experiences.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

What ever happened to the Gillette's yank and shank "hysterisis" effect?

http://www.aef.com/pdf/in_class/case_histories/nad_cases/gillette_v_energizer_3-11.pdf

While i find multiblades ok there is just no pleasure in using them! Maybe its because I like the vintage gillettes but there is something much more pleasent about using them!

300px-Do_i_see_a_troll.png

JohnnyO said:
GilletteFusion said:

Whatever works, works. Multi blades leave me with razor burn & irritation. Not to mention the cost. I liked the twin blade sensor, but reverted back to blades after a while for greater comfort & economy.

But I do like that all types of razor users are represented on TSR, makes for a more interesting pool of experiences.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

This from Johnny covers it for me, massive extra cost and more irritation. I could easily go through two mach 3 blades a week and couldn't shave everyday. What suits you suits you. I'm happy with blades costing 5-10p a time with no irritation.

Ta!

Back
Top Bottom