Food

I do like food and expect you all probably do too. SWMBO and I do a lot of cooking and always like to try new recipes. I was wondering what opinions are on a Recipe of The Week perhaps? A member could submit a recipe they really enjoy and then others chaps could attempt to cook it and give their opinions? For example, I cooked this for lunch today:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/food_and_drink/recipes/article399726.ece">http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_a ... 399726.ece</a><!-- m -->

I have the book but luckily found the recipe online to save me typing it out. It's a simple dish. Important to get the seasoning right. Oh, and the frying bit takes a little while. Most importantly though, it is very tasty!! :p

This sounds like a profoundly civilised idea - but it would probably need Boab to create another thingie-whatsamajig to accomodate it and I think that he "Probably has enough on his plate already" - sorry - could not resist.

I have a few things simmering atm (where is the groan smiley!!) but I will add it for you when I am done.

C'mon chaps, food is a serious business. An oeuf is an oeuf. I'm getting eggsasperated. This is no yolk! If you stop I shell too.

I'm just trying to lead by eggsample.

PS Thought I'd better get in with some egg gags before I'm 'beaten' to it. Can't help myself - they 'crack' me up! :oops:

On a genuinely serious note, thanks Boab for the Food area. Hopefully it will be popular and we won't just be talking about bacon. Doesn't have to be just about cooking. If you've eaten out and had a great meal, share it. If you have a local dish unique to your area why not let us know. I'm not a great drinker but there are some great beers out there that I'm sure are crying out to be discussed.

Cheers,

Adam

Bacon on its own is no good. It needs to be part of an Ulster Fry

fry.jpg

Tattie scones
Work beside a few English people. When they try tattie scones for the first time, Doingg! Crack cocaine except you get fat not skinny.
PC toast them with butter for afternoon tea.
Paul, one of my chums from the province brought over Ulster slice, never seen it before, but , bloody tasty. Happy 12th by the way.

Rangers 62 would make it clear he will take no responsibilty for obesity, heart disease or any other heath implications for the endorsement of said Potato Scones.

PS
Never been in an Orange lodge, went to see an orange walk in my life.
Love the Gers though

rangers62 said:
Work beside a few English people. When they try tattie scones for the first time, Doingg! Crack cocaine except you get fat not skinny.

Funny - coming from Newcastle, they're part of life there too, but vanish pretty much instantly south of the Carlisle-Newcastle line in my experience. Like Vimto used to be a very much Northwest England thing, but now it's everywhere (even saw it in Mombasa!)

HM

Few years ago workmate married to Geordie girl brought into work mince & tatties. In the mince was black pudding. Was a bit sceptical at first but, crikey, it was fantabulous. Never had it since though :cry:

Teviotdale pie I've had, shop bought. Will give the recipe a go.

Regards

rangers62 said:
Tattie scones
PC toast them with butter for afternoon tea.
Paul, one of my chums from the province brought over Ulster slice, never seen it before, but , bloody tasty. Happy 12th by the way.

Rangers 62 would make it clear he will take no responsibilty for obesity, heart disease or any other heath implications for the endorsement of said Potato Scones.

PS
Never been in an Orange lodge, went to see an orange walk in my life.
Love the Gers though

Totally, totally off topic here '62; I was flicking between the Scottish Cup final and the FA Cup final this year. Just before the teams ran out at Hampden( ?) the piper who was playing launched into 'Thunderstruck' by AC/DC. I thought this was great (I'm a bit sad that way); were you at it?

Rik.

PS there are quite a few people here who certainly take in interest in Rangers but aren't really into bowler hats. ;-)

PPS In saying that I also have a soft spot for the Jags too.

Hi Rik

No wasn't at the game, working. Game was mince though. The piper thing, I'm the same. Love things like that. ACDC played here last week. Working again I'm afraid. Going to see Springsteen on Tuesday at Hampden with my chums, seen him loads, always good.
It was the walk here last week at Kelvingrove Park. My flat looks into the park. My neighbours are really nice people, doctors, vets, you know, middle class ex -bohemians. A fair few are English. The look on their faces when they seen the, how could I put this? 'spirited' responses from the bears following the bands was priceless. Much cries of "Russell, what on earth is going on, is this some kind of carnival" I said" well kinda" and left, quickly.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom