Fresh member of "The Cueball Club"

For me this was a rather hasty decision. I had been aware of my thinning hair for some time and drone pictures at work had given me a good(?) look at it from all angles. But I was never really bothered about it, so shaving it off had never been on the table. The other day I was going to my favorite hair dresser but she was closed. I didn't look forward to go to someone else as I'm so used to say 'as usual'... and her telephone number didn't work so I became worried that she had closed permanently. The next day I saw my wife watching videos with people leaving their "sorrows" behind on the YouTube channel BaldCafe... and that was the only thing I needed. A couple of days prior to it I hadn't even considered it... and a few hours later a whole row of problems had been solved. It feels so deliberating and my daughters think I look super cool... like Bruce Willis. So I have no regrets whatsoever. It rather feels like I should have done it years ago. (y)

Welcome to TSR!
that 70s show shaving cream GIF

And I discovered that it will be something fun with it too... not just "peeling it off". What I didn't know before was that it's a real science, so many ways to do it and not to do it and so many things to do it with and... and...

It will become like a new hobby, with new toys, trying and learning and develop new skills.

Last edited:
And then the big hole appears and swallows up all your money

Welcome to TSR

I know if I did the same and my family said I looked cool, they'd be taking the piss out of me :rolleyes:
Cost comes with every new hobby, wether it's gear for fishing, books for reading or accessories for shaving. If it's worth it is something you see later. But I still like to both fish and read, so I'm glad I didn't stop that before trying them out. :)

For me this was a rather hasty decision. I had been aware of my thinning hair for some time and drone pictures at work had given me a good(?) look at it from all angles. But I was never really bothered about it, so shaving it off had never been on the table. The other day I was going to my favorite hair dresser but she was closed. I didn't look forward to go to someone else as I'm so used to say 'as usual'... and her telephone number didn't work so I became worried that she had closed permanently. The next day I saw my wife watching videos with people leaving their "sorrows" behind on the YouTube channel BaldCafe... and that was the only thing I needed. A couple of days prior to it I hadn't even considered it... and a few hours later a whole row of problems had been solved. It feels so deliberating and my daughters think I look super cool... like Bruce Willis. So I have no regrets whatsoever. It rather feels like I should have done it years ago. (y)
Welcome to TSR. @MrSweck

Every one who is balding can relate to this posting...Each week i "no guard" buzz-cut my barnet "all year round" with my hair clippers" and once a month i do a full dome/head shave I like the "follically challenged look", it also saves me a fortune on hair products..

It was my Turkish barber who encouraged me to buy a pair of hair clippers, and buzz-cut myself...I started on a no.1 for while then by mistake i forgot to put the guard on and used "no guard" which to be honest was near the same...I've done this for 3 years...However, the last few months i've done my dome/ head shave weekly instead of monthly which i like ,probably due to the weather temperatures we've had in the UK this year.

I've commented on hair loss many times, and like every man ,i admit i did try to fight my hair loss for years, but once it starts to go '"let it go mate"...A close mate of mine grew a ponytail to try and hide his baldness, which looked even worse, I told him "When you lift a ponytail up, what do you see?.."..You see an arsehole!....On a serious note, It's stupidly pointless IMHO been a 'Walter Wiggy', a 'Bobby Comb-over', or a Toupee Tommy, keep grabbing that Male-Pattern Baldness hairline by the balls and buzz it away,....you'll feel much better for it, once you've had the courage to do so....Your hair is just a very small insignificant percentage of you...'Remember It's always better to look bald, than balding...Keep it bald, keep it smooth.

Yours-Barry. (y)

Last edited:
What I didn't know anything about was the width of the actual procedure and head care. The way I had seen this was "In the future my hair will be cut by myself"... but it apparently wasn't the one-step procedure ("1: Shave off") that I had expected. It was a whole list of pre's and post's that popped up together with it... things my "old head" (in my eyes) had never required... even terms I had never heard before. I will need a set of post-it notes with tutorials on the bathroom mirror for a while.

For something I thought would be easy I felt more "I noo notting"... :LOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom