Fresh member of "The Cueball Club"

Welcome to TSR. @MrSweck

"It's always better to look bald, than balding...Keep it bald, keep it smooth."

Yours-Barry. (y)
Just what I thought. My thinning hair actually didn't bother me much. I don't worry about something that's a natural process. I'm getting older but can't stop the time either, so why waste energy to worry about such things. Better to focus at things you can do something about.

But the thing that always annoyed me was that I never got what I paid for at my hair dresser. She had done my hair for 20+ years and knew more than well what I expected her to do when I sat down. But it didn't matter how hard she tried... she no longer could give me what I wanted as she didn't have hair enough to work with anymore. Full price for 'as close as possible'...

Now I know that I will get the head I aim for when it's maintained... and I can even do it myself. I will however visit her and let her do it now and then. We've become good friends during all those years and now I can give her the chance to make me happy again. :D

Last edited:
Join Us Mystery Science Theater 3000 GIF by MOODMAN

NOW I feel that I have joined. This has gone in steps for me. First day I trimmed it off... next day my wife helped me with a wet shave... day after that my Remington RX5 was delivered and with that I could make better result than my wife's wet shave. A couple of days after that my HeadBlade razor was delivered and today I used that for the first time... finally there.

So now my dome is smoother than it has ever been. From here the things left to work on are 'time doing it' and 'feeling comfortable doing it'. I guess those will come too. It takes more than one time to achieve experience...

Last edited:
... and now I found the Shave Of The Day thread. That will be worth very much to me, as the beginner that I am. I'm totally new to techniques and headcare and know nothing about the different products for it. But that thread is a database of wisdom that I have use for.

... and now I found the Shave Of The Day thread. That will be worth very much to me, as the beginner that I am. I'm totally new to techniques and headcare and know nothing about the different products for it. But that thread is a database of wisdom that I have use for.
I look forward to seeing & reading your thoughts in the SOTD forum..We learn from each other. Technique & shaving confidence, and adjusting to traditional wet shaving are the key to good shaving results, not overly expensive latest must have state of the art shaving products....Enjoy your shaves.(y)

Last edited:
I look forward to seeing & reading your thoughts in the SOTD forum..We learn from each other. Technique & shaving confidence, and adjusting to traditional wet shaving are the key to good shaving results, not overly expensive latest must have state of the art shaving products....Enjoy your shaves.(y)
I have good experience from forums and know very well what they can do for you. 2006 I resumed an old interest, fly-tying. I joined a couple of fly-tying forums and only a couple of years later I sat tying flies on my first international fly fair.
So joining a couple of shaving forums was one of the first things I did after buzzing off my hair for the first time.

I have good experience from forums and know very well what they can do for you. 2006 I resumed an old interest, fly-tying. I joined a couple of fly-tying forums and only a couple of years later I sat tying flies on my first international fly fair.
So joining a couple of shaving forums was one of the first things I did after buzzing off my hair for the first time.
Just out of interest what other shaving forums did you join! :)
TSR is the best shaving forum in the land, but I suspect that you have come to the same conclusion! :)

Paul.

Just out of interest what other shaving forums did you join! :)
TSR is the best shaving forum in the land, but I suspect that you have come to the same conclusion! :)

Paul.
I joined TheShaveDen too. I'm not really interested in which is best. I would rather say that both of them are best. Both of them are packed with people who know more than me and two places like that are better than one. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom