Frustration

Rev-O said:
Andy, the main is not to take anything internally - booze, dope, meds, whatever.

Deal with it as best you can can but putting stuff in to your body and mind to "help" will only actually hinder in the long term.

Sorry to sound serious but you can have this one on me. ;)

Rev i really ecspected your answer to be

God grant me the serinty to accept the things i cannot change, courage to change the things i can and wisdom to know the diffrence.

Spiritual and well being

In 2006, the United States Government funded a randomized and double-blinded study by Johns Hopkins University, which studied the spiritual effects of psilocybin mushrooms. The study involved 36 college-educated adults who had never tried psilocybin nor had a history of drug use, and had religious or spiritual interests; the average age of the participants was 46 years. The participants were closely observed for eight-hour intervals in a laboratory while under the influence of psilocybin mushrooms.

One-third of the participants reported that the experience was the single most spiritually significant moment of their lives and more than two-thirds reported it was among the top five most spiritually significant experiences. Two months after the study, 79 percent of the participants reported increased well-being or satisfaction; friends, relatives, and associates confirmed this. They also reported anxiety and depression symptoms to be decreased or completely gone.

Despite highly controlled conditions to minimize adverse effects, 22 percent of subjects (8 of 36) had notable experiences of fear, some with paranoia. The authors, however, reported that all these instances were "readily managed with reassurance."[18]

When i get stressed i either take the RSVR out for a good ragging, Puts a massive smile on my face just listening to the sound it makes. Or i shoot 12 dozen arrows, Changes the point of focus and the stress just blows away.

Rev-O said:
Andy, the main is not to take anything internally - booze, dope, meds, whatever.

I actually make a point of NOT drinking when I'm pissed off.

Music normally does it for me. Either sticking the headphones on and listening to stuff, or picking up a bass, cranking up the volume and watching the windows rattle. On next door's house :twisted:

I have just returned from 'work'

1 13yr old female vomiting on herself, the car, my neighbour and my hat.
3 14yr old boys screaming my name when dealing with this (But hey! Mum sees nothing wrong with that, isn't being cheeky.
Approx. 10 late teens, pissed, trying to annoy the world and succeeding.
1 14yr old boy who informs me that he will get his armed photographed tomorrow, get me done for assault as I had the temerity to hold his arm when he told me to f*** off and lashed out at me.

The above took place between 9 and 10pm.

Stress, it's all relative. :|

Andy, it sounds as if you're feeling sorry for yourself, having lost your job. But then, so have lots of good people.

The good news: you will find something eventually. And you'll be in a position to support you and your good wife and, if you're lucky, your children.

Life is beautiful. Life is shite. In the meantime, listen to some good music. (+1 for Aphex Twin. 'Flim' is lovely.)

Nah, I wasn't feeling sorry for myself just frustrated.

The unemployment thing is of my own doing anyway. I didn't loose my job, they lost me.

Anyways today, excellent sleep, sunny crisp morning, been out and about, feeling much less frustrated.

rangers62 said:

3 14yr old boys screaming my name when dealing with this (But hey! Mum sees nothing wrong with that, isn't being cheeky.
1 14yr old boy who informs me that he will get his armed photographed tomorrow, get me done for assault as I had the temerity to hold his arm when he told me to f*** off and lashed out at me.

Couldn't do your job most likely I would have given that 14 year old a reason to get me done for assault.
poke_punch_by_djdragondude.gif

Jeltz said:
rangers62 said:

Couldn't do your job most likely I would have given that 14 year old a reason to get me done for assault.
poke_punch_by_djdragondude.gif

Hopefully never come to that, but next time the papers have jumped down some cop, teacher, fireman et al, throat because they have lost their temper and retaliated after being spat on, assaulted etc, give it a little thought, we are all human and sometimes it is difficult not to behave as a human would instinctively.

One moment of madness / humanity = job, mortgage, pension, reputation a life down the tube Frightening :shock:

Being the consummate professional, I of course behave as an automaton, taking all in my stride. :D

Feel loads better now, where are those poor mis-guided, mis-understood creatures, let me offer sanctuary and understanding ;)

Oh, and by the way, I love my job. No BS, I actually enjoy helping decent people.

I'll tell you what frustration is rangers.... me & the boy were on our way back from Kelvingrove Museum today... down Dumbarton Road, passing the Sally Army shop on our way to Kelvinhall subway, thought I'd have a peep in... and walked out with a grotty, boxed 1958 TV Superspeed for £2 :D You could have had that if I'd not sneaked onto your manor :lol:

It's by no means perfect, but the initial degrotting has left it clean and usable. Maybe could do with some other treatment to bring up the shine etc.

hunnymonster said:
I'll tell you what frustration is rangers.... me & the boy were on our way back from Kelvingrove Museum today... down Dumbarton Road, passing the Sally Army shop on our way to Kelvinhall subway, thought I'd have a peep in... and walked out with a grotty, boxed 1958 TV Superspeed for £2 :D You could have had that if I'd not sneaked onto your manor :lol:

It's by no means perfect, but the initial degrotting has left it clean and usable. Maybe could do with some other treatment to bring up the shine etc.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

hunnymonster said:

That is frustrating as i passed there this morning and was going to nip in but was running late :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom