Have you finished the first shaving soap you ever bought

Random question, I started wet shaving early 2014 and on cleaning my den, realised I hadn't even seriously dented the first soap I ever bought; being Tabac. Given the product daily use probably would last an age, but I'm really making excuses, for purchasing far too many soaps.

Anyone else finished or not finished their first ever shaving soap purchase?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Not finished in my case - my first tube of shaving cream was the Omega with lanolin (back in 2004)...

As a result I still keep and treasure it for very special shaves.

I buy the stuff far faster than I use it so I've not finished a pot of anything. My Arlington cream was an early buy and it is hard and in the bottom corners of the tub only. I have no idea which soap I bought first.

Mine was MWF in 2009/2010 and I manage to finish it after months of chasing it around the sodding dish. Not been replaced, but have too many soaps.............and still want a few more....... :p
I have finished a few creams tho ......... :)

I still find this hard to believe, but yes, I did finish my first shaving soap.
It was a TOBS sandlewood.

I discovered brush and soap while still using cartridge razors and an unbranded silvertip badger brush and I spent a happy year together until the soap was finished. So impressed was I by the savings and quality that I joined here to learn about the savings made from DE and straight shaving.

Needless to say I haven't finished a soap since, and try not to think about the money I've "saved" since either.

I still find this hard to believe, but yes, I did finish my first shaving soap.
It was a TOBS sandlewood.

I discovered brush and soap while still using cartridge razors and an unbranded silvertip badger brush and I spent a happy year together until the soap was finished. So impressed was I by the savings and quality that I joined here to learn about the savings made from DE and straight shaving.

Needless to say I haven't finished a soap since, and try not to think about the money I've "saved" since either.
How long did it take to finish the sandalwood soap? Mine looks brand new after a good 30 uses.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I started shaving with a DE approximately a year ago. Prior to that I was a cartridge shaver but have used a brush and soap for many years. These being the wilkie brush and blue bowl soap that are/were the only options readily available in the supermarket. Back then I didn't know what I know now. I think I got through 2 or 3 of the blue bowl soaps before converting.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yes, it was some Mitchell's Wool Fat I bought 5 years ago. I only finished it this year but I did have a break of a few years with a beard.

A tub of Piccadilly Shaving Co. Sandalwood cream, purchased in January with a my first brush & DE razor and it lasted about 3 months (shaving every day.) So far it has been the most expensive soap/cream I've bought and yet also the poorest performing... It might be OK for some but I was partially allergic to it, having spent £15 on it I was determined to finish the damn stuff :D

Back
Top Bottom