Have you finished the first shaving soap you ever bought

My first was a cream (proraso blue), and did finish that before buying the next. Love that cream, always keep some around. First soap was proraso red - got about halfway through that. Then SAD struck and haven't finished any soap yet after that. Creams are so much easier to get through

Not yet, I've been DE shaving for 6 months or so and still have most of my first, and only, Proraso Red bowl - I had no idea what incredibly good value all the DE kit would be, being used to the squirty-can foam and a quid-a-piece blades. Even if the shave wasn't massively better (which it is) the value-for-money of DE shaving would make it irresistible.

The first tub I bought was actually TOBS Rose cream which I have finished. In terms of soap the only one I have finished to date is a tub of Barrister & Mann Fougere Aromatique one of their limited edition runs, which I used exclusively for a while.

Not yet, I've been DE shaving for 6 months or so and still have most of my first, and only, Proraso Red bowl - I had no idea what incredibly good value all the DE kit would be, being used to the squirty-can foam and a quid-a-piece blades. Even if the shave wasn't massively better (which it is) the value-for-money of DE shaving would make it irresistible.
What a delightful first post! I believe you mean every word, even after six months. If you want to carry on saving money, get out of here NOW!

I did, started out with Edwin Jagger sandalwood cream.

Got a tub of Proraso in the meantime but I think the cream lasted around 3-4 months.

My first soap was MdC, about a year ago. Barely a dent gone, although it is in the rotation, and I still don't think I would have used that much up had I used it every day since I got it.

No, it looks like my MdC will be part of my childrens' inheritance, and once they can't finish it, they can pass it on to my future grandchildren!

Started in June 2013 - My first cream was TOBS Sandalwood which I posted out while it was 50% full for a pif but it went MIA.

Almost finished my second one - Proraso green. I have gone off menthol so it's going to take a while.

I'm not buying any else until I finish something. 1 out 1 in from now on.

my first "imported" shaving cream was in 2008 AOS sandalwood, great wonderful cream
still have it amongst many others and surprisingly it is still as good as the day I got it
-raj k

Most definitely. I started with the Van der Hagen Premium shaving kit. I stood at the sink (several sessions) and lathered that first puck, and a second, until I knew how to make a quality lather consistently.
Also went through the next few soaps and creams until they were gone.
But I have to confess that I have not finished a soap or cream in the last 18 months, and I have plenty of them.

I bought one cream, TOBS lime and lemon, and used it until it finished. Then bought another and used it until it finished. I probably used the first 3 or 4 soaps until I finished them. It's only recently that I built up to 3 in rotation.

Back
Top Bottom