Have you found your best razor or are you still searching

Ah I can relate to your love for the Ikon Wayne. I read up on the ATT and many many pages of discussion on the ATT v Ikon. My holy grail is between the ATT R2 with a Kronos handle, Blackbird or my Japanese straight razors. Saying that Nico's Wolfman was amongst them but I don't own it (yet ;)) Stainless steel DE razors have been a revelation those tight tolerances removing a lot of blade chatter have improved my shaves massively.

Slowly starting to come to terms what is good, bad and down right ugly in this DE world.

So far my weapon of choice is the ATT Colossus handle with an R89 head, but this afternoon I am going to trial the Ikon SB head I bought from a decent chap on here. Told it is semi aggressive so a chance to get an idea of what 'taking care' might entail. Love the ATT handle and my first choice to bring away back to sea with me this time around.

What's an 'iKon Wayne'

Wasn't he a Hollywood star famous for playing cowboys?

I have tried many different DE razors, both vintage and modern, and with the high-end vintage blades that I now use exclusively, the Feather AS-D2 has proven to be the best for me. I get a smooth, close, error-free shave every time.

Newbie. Two months ago my Goodfella OC (new version) was the best ever. After my PSA re-test dropped by 7 points, I celebrated and purchased a Seygus plus may limit my bike riding. Today the Seygus is the best ever and the Goodfella a close second. While I am "not searching", next year hoping a new Blackbird will be the best ever for me.

For DE's that would be one of my wolfmans (the 0,74 gap being my favorite)
The other razor non DE would be one of my Feather Artist Club DX.

The travel is the goal. I try to experience different razors, and find that some are great, some are not, and some are ok. Had I stopped at the first great razor though I'd have missed out on a lot of razors that I'm glad to have tried.

Ah I can relate to your love for the Ikon Wayne. I read up on the ATT and many many pages of discussion on the ATT v Ikon. My holy grail is between the ATT R2 with a Kronos handle, Blackbird or my Japanese straight razors. Saying that Nico's Wolfman was amongst them but I don't own it (yet ;)) Stainless steel DE razors have been a revelation those tight tolerances removing a lot of blade chatter have improved my shaves massively.
You really are a rotten influence on me. I just ordered an ATT R2 Kronos. I blame you.

Back
Top Bottom