hello forum from life long cartridge shaver

Hi Glad you like it, always difficult to recommend something just in case the person doesn't like it. I was pretty safe with the R89 I think though. The secret to shaving nick free is to lather up and use just enough pressure to remove the lather. The blade will do the work. Happy shaving. :D

Yes it is a fantastic razor and I can see already it will work well for me. It will just take few goes to get used to it. But despite the very minor nicks my shave was super smooth and no irritation. And I was impressed with the matches.

But it was a great recommendation to the point where I probably wont need anything else. Although I still may get a twist to open razor in the future just because I like the idea of one

My muhle R89 arrived in the post this morning luckily before I had shaved. It was alot heavier than my cheap ebay razor and the quality was obvious.

It was more aggressive that my other razor and gave an even smoother shave. But I did get a couple of small nicks. The alum matches that came free with it soon sorted them out however. And I thought that the only remedy for this was small squares of toilet paper (I am not joking either)

I got a razor sample pack with so I can experiment with those.

It all came from an online shop called the shaving lounge. I don't know if anyone else here has used them as I did not see that name in the retailers section of the forum. But everything was delivered in a nice sturdy box. Is this typical? I did get some perfume for my wife in the same post from a retailer via amazon. But this was just suffed unimpressively into a jiffy bag and I was lucky it was not damaged.

I have used the shave lounge a lot. Can't speak highly enough about them. My friends think I work for them the amount I bang on about how good their customer service is. Had a problem with something I bought and they replied within half an hour to my message sent at ten at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it is a fantastic razor and I can see already it will work well for me. It will just take few goes to get used to it. But despite the very minor nicks my shave was super smooth and no irritation. And I was impressed with the matches.

But it was a great recommendation to the point where I probably wont need anything else. Although I still may get a twist to open razor in the future just because I like the idea of one

Well after just over a week of DE shaving I am still experimenting. I have stopped nicking myself, which is a bonus but I find myself getting a little obsessed about getting things perfect.

One problem I having is when shaving ATG. This is something I never did with a cartridge razor. now I find myself doing this on a third pass to get the closest shave. But it is causing a little skin irritation at the corners of my mouth and some itchiness on the neck area.

Any advice? Should I sick to a 2 pass shave

Think it's just about finding what works for you i.e. Blade/razor combo etc. I've been at it for about a year and still find myself trying to make it perfect and can seemingly have the best shave ever then do everything the same next time and it doesn't go as well

Hi.
There are lots of different levels of shave. If you read these forums one you will hear often is BBS. In case you don't know it stands for Baby Butt Smooth. That comes with experience and having everything go right on the day. Perfect preparation, the right combination of soap,razor, blade and technique. When that clicks it is great.
Then there is the one we all aim for DFS. Damn Fine Shave. That is good enough for most and what you should be aiming for. I would stop pushing the shave and take it steady and try to improve your technique over time. :D

I guess a little patience is needed on my behalf whilst I'm still learning
Yes mate exactly. Take your time and enjoy your shaves. Shave when you have time to enjoy it, if you can't shave in comfort on a morning then shave on an evening when you have more time. The best shaves come when you can take the time to enjoy them.

When I am back at work I am required to be freshly shaved each morning. Unfortunately evening shaves are not an option for me

But having said that I am still getting better shaves with the DE than I ever managed with a cartridge

Tried a feathers blade today. Closest shave yet but I made a bit of a mess of my neck with several nicks and a very sore rash.

I am going to put these away and not go back untill I have a lot more practice under my belt

Feathers are the sharpest out there and can on first use be rough. They do get smoother with use. I think you will get better shaves with them once your technique improves. I would try Russian blades, they are sharp yet smooth. Look for the likes of Rapira, Ladas, Voskhod. These are cracking blades. Inexpensive too. I use Unuta77 on Ebay. I get them straight from Russia. Cheap as chips and belting blades.

Back
Top Bottom