Hello from Beautiful Bolton

Well Fred Dibnah liked the place :icon_rolleyes:

I've just taken delivery of my first ever DE razor (and I'm 61 next year!!!!) a Merkur 34c HD - with a 1 Merkur blade and a pack of Derbys. So far so good, 1 shave - no blood :icon_cool:

I sense a whole new hobby blossoming here - I've already ordered a sample pack of blades from Connaught Shaving Supplies and until reading Fido's blog I just had no idea of the delights of shaving brushes.......

Cheers
Ian

Welcome sir from a Mancunian living in exile in the south. I heard Simpsons were making some limited edition brushes from Mancunian badgers but I was never sure whether to believe it.

Awesome choice of razor, you're a man of taste. Enjoy the shaving room.

Canuck said:
Welcome sir from a Mancunian living in exile in the south. I heard Simpsons were making some limited edition brushes from Mancunian badgers but I was never sure whether to believe it.

Awesome choice of razor, you're a man of taste. Enjoy the shaving room.

Thank you, I am in fact a Mancunian by birth, exiled to the deep south (Wiltshire & Hampshire) for some years, but a returnee to the frozen North for more years than I care to think about

I wondered why there were no badgers around here - perhaps your rumour is right?

A warm welcome from Penworthamdale.

I met Fred as a yoof - my late grandfather Ted had a John Fowler road engine that had been used as a showmans engine before boiler failure put it off the road in the 60's, Grandfather Ted bought it for a few pounds and proceeded to renovate it in the back garden in Ingol. He met Fred (and others - one Jack Nutter springs to mind as being permanently covered in soot and oil) often in the 70's and 80's to pick brains and re manufacture parts. He eventually sold it (running but without boiler certificate) in the early 90's whilst I was living in Manc for a couple of thousand. It was however very useful in the 70's as he used it to power a generator, so whilst the rest of the country was enduring blackouts his home and shop were lit and heated.

Hi and welcome to TSR Ian! :) I'm not from the UK, so I don't now much about where abouts and such, I know somewhere up north there's a boarder and on one side there lives sheep shaggers, but I never knew exactly where. I also think this is their landscape sign:
Sheep_shagger.jpg

Mikael said:
Hi and welcome to TSR Ian! :) I'm not from the UK, so I don't now much about where abouts and such, I know somewhere up north there's a boarder and on one side there lives sheep shaggers, but I never knew exactly where. I also think this is their landscape sign:

Oh dear :dodgy:

I think you will find that that term is a derogatory term used mainly for someone who lives in country side locations :icon_smile:.

Hello Mr Bartonflyer, i have not introduded myself yet, manyana manyana.

Back
Top Bottom