Hello from Beautiful Bolton

Can I thank everyone for the very warm welcome, Mikael, I presume you must be referring to the Lancashire Yorkshire boundary that separates us on God's own side of the Pennines from that great swathe of land where men are men and sheep are nervous?

Cheers all
Ian

RobTheWire said:
Mikael said:
Yeah, I kind of got it :D

Hey Mikael, Are you a turnip?

(wonders if i will get away with this :-S)

Nah, that's the Norwegians :angel:

And we do have our own sheepshaggers, but they live down south (ok, now I've insulted pretty much everyone around me ... hmmm, but when I think about it, the people up north are turnips too). Reminds me of a documentary about Cuban cigars I once saw - a Spanish guy started out by laughing and said that Americans knew nada, zip and nothing about Cuban cigars (he didn't even have to explain, he thought it was so clear), he then started to say that the English had a decent view of things, but really not worth much, since they smoke the cigars to dry and that's a waste of good cigars... He then was silent for a while and said that he actually never had encountered a Spanish cigar smoker that was any good either, but it didn't matter much since he knew how to enjoy his cigars :)

Mikael said:
Nah, that's the Norwegians :angel:

And we do have our own sheepshaggers, but they live down south (ok, now I've insulted pretty much everyone around me ... hmmm, but when I think about it, the people up north are turnips too). Reminds me of a documentary about Cuban cigars I once saw - a Spanish guy started out by laughing and said that Americans knew nada, zip and nothing about Cuban cigars (he didn't even have to explain, he thought it was so clear), he then started to say that the English had a decent view of things, but really not worth much, since they smoke the cigars to dry and that's a waste of good cigars... He then was silent for a while and said that he actually never had encountered a Spanish cigar smoker that was any good either, but it didn't matter much since he knew how to enjoy his cigars :)

:s No no no whats all this waffle, that's not what i wanted :icon_lol:

I asked you if you were a turnip and you were supposed to say "no i am not a turnip i am a SWEDE" never mind its gone now :icon_biggrin:.

Back
Top Bottom