Help me spend my money

One of our favourite pastimes. Help me spend my money on a new razor.

I am back on this forum again, I kept away to stop me buying stuff. I have been a good boy this year with shaving restraint with only one blip in May and have not brought anything else shaving related. However, I am planning to treat myself for Christmas and am seeking your good advice.

I want to buy myself a new razor (open to slightly used as well). I currently use a combination of a Gillette Tech/Blue Tip, Rockwell 6S on plate 3 (Main daily driver) and occasionally the Leaf Twig. I also sometimes use a SE (Razorock Hawk V3). I’m an experienced DE shaver (20+ years). I’m not a fan of too much blade feel or aggressive razors but find Feather AS-D2 too mild even for me. Not into adjustable razors as I tend to stick to one setting. If anyone has any thoughts on the options below shout out:

Tatara Masamune.

Henson AL13.

Rex Envoy.

RazoRock game changer 0.68

Or any others I have missed.

You may find the envoy a bit aggressive.

The karve overlander or CB with plate B or C would be a good fit I think. 3one6 is also very good.

If you want a cheap game changer 0.68 OC let me know...
The game changer sounds interesting but I am a bit put off by the open comb bit. Mind you, I suppose your cheap version plus a closed bar plate might still be cheaper than buying new.

The game changer sounds interesting but I am a bit put off by the open comb bit. Mind you, I suppose your cheap version plus a closed bar plate might still be cheaper than buying new.
I have to say the Rockwell 6s is one of my favourites,
What about giving the Aluminium Karve a go,
Another fantastic shaver but opposite scale to the Rockwell in terms of weight

I have to say the Rockwell 6s is one of my favourites,
What about giving the Aluminium Karve a go,
Another fantastic shaver but opposite scale to the Rockwell in terms of weight
I’ve just had a look at their website and saw the aluminium Overlander in black with a red plate and it screams take my money now. Damn, I almost don’t care how it shave, I would just sit and hold it.

I’ve just had a look at their website and saw the aluminium Overlander in black with a red plate and it screams take my money now. Damn, I almost don’t care how it shave, I would just sit and hold it.
I think you have found your next purchase.
Purely my opinion but if you have a tech razor then don't buy a Massume razor, I found it shaved the same instead I would pick the Nodachi as it's a step up.
Purely just my personal thoughts though but I think if you have fallen in love with the Overlander then it sounds like you need look no longer and lighten that wallet.

I think you have found your next purchase.
Purely my opinion but if you have a tech razor then don't buy a Massume razor, I found it shaved the same instead I would pick the Nodachi as it's a step up.
Purely just my personal thoughts though but I think if you have fallen in love with the Overlander then it sounds like you need look no longer and lighten that wallet.
Methinks you are right. All the others on the list look okay but I saw the black overlander with red plate and actually said wow out loud.

Sounds like you're all sorted now but if you're still interested in the .68 OC just let me know! (y)

Back
Top Bottom