Hi im new and need advice pkease

I used to get a shaving rash all the time. I was using disposable razors. It's always best to use a good quality blade, but I know they are expensive. I started using something called razorbrite to clean my razors and they last a lot longer than they used to which saves me a bob or two and shave in the same direction as the hair grows not against it.

pgachapman said:
Hi.

I tried again this morning and used as little pressure as possible. Still lot of stubble and not smooth but I got less irritation. I just went WTG and ATG. Ive been reading up alot on razors and looking to buy an Edwin Jagger DE 89L as they say its a far getter shave than my wiki plastic razor and good for beginners like me.

Sorry meant XTG

PGA. I have some mild razors. If you would like to try one let me know.

You can have one for nowt and, if DE shaving turns out to be not for you, then all I ask is that you PIF (pass it forward) it to another shaver who is new to DE shaving.

Manoflamancha said:
pgachapman said:
Hi. Thanks for the offer. What razors do you have

I'll check to see which I think may suit you and get back.

pga, I have dug out 2 razors.

The first one is a blue tip Gillette. This razor has "butterfly doors" which you open (to insert and remove the blade) by turning the blue tip at the base of the razor's handle.

The second one is a 3-piece Gillette Tech which, as the name implies, breaks down into 3 pieces to load/remove the blade.

Both of these razors are considered to be mild shavers.
Whichever one you choose will be sanitised before posting.

Any questions, please ask.

Hi manoflamancha sorry for the delayed reply. your very kind for offering a razor for free. I wouldnt feel right unless I gave you something for it. I like the look of the Gillette blue tip.

Ok pga, I will sort out the blue tip for you.

As far as sending me something in return, I don't know what you have and I have enough stuff to last until I'm planted, but it doesn't matter anyway. Perhaps sometime in the future you could do a good turn for somebody else and so it grows.:angel:

PM me your details and I will bang it in the post.

Edit. I will pack some blades as well.

Hi Pgachapman

Plenty of useful comments above. If you've still got stubble left after shaving then I'd concur with the comments about angle. The angle you're applying razor to face at must be off. That cheap Wilkie razor should be able to give you a decent shave used right. To also 2nd an existing comment above Mantic59's vids on Youtube or Sharpologist guide you through what you need to know to use a DE properly, including the importance of angle.

Hi shavecraft.

Ive been looking at all those videos by PaulHfilms and geofatboy on youtube and learned alot by copying their technique or listening to advice.

My biggest problem was blades. I was using the wilkinsonsword blades that came with the razor but they just agree with me. I found them very scratchy on my face. I git some astra sp blades and the worked very well. Ive trying different creams and soaps. So far I like palmolive soap sticks and prorasso green tub. I tried a sample of TOBS Jermyn st sensitive and it left my neck raw with only 2 passes WTG ATG. It will take me a while to find my perfect combination

pgachapman said:
Hi shavecraft.

Ive been looking at all those videos by PaulHfilms and geofatboy on youtube and learned alot by copying their technique or listening to advice.

My biggest problem was blades. I was using the wilkinsonsword blades that came with the razor but they just didnt agree with me. I found them very scratchy on my face. I git some astra sp blades and the worked very well. Ive trying different creams and soaps. So far I like palmolive soap sticks and prorasso green tub. I tried a sample of TOBS Jermyn st sensitive and it left my neck raw with only 2 passes WTG ATG. It will take me a while to find my perfect combination

Back
Top Bottom