How necessary is a shaving stand?

I've have on of those brush/razor stands, unconvinced it does much for brush or razor, but makes bathroom look a bit more tidier, important consideration for a shared bathroom.

Kevin

I have a stand that came with an EJ and another that came with an Omega and soap. It *seemed* like a good idea to use them to hold whatever wet brush I'd used that day although I'd never used one in years past. Is it the consensus that they don't do anything to help a wet brush dry?

as with many water absorbing things, the water can move up to drier parts of the brush...

think of it like a wick, or when you dip a bit of kitchen towel on water, the water always travels up the tower. so it is with brushes. The water never really sits in the knot for long, as it dries, the water will wick up to the top and dry out.

The basic Edwin Jagger stands cost £3 and have an adhesive pad on the back which is ideal for sticking on tiling above the basin. This makes it easier to get to the brush. But I guess if you live with other people - family, girlfriend etc it's bound to get knocked at some point. The stand that is.

Back
Top Bottom