How to protect a Schick injector while travelling?

Getting there....

W9jsoht.jpg

I still need a Mongoose to make the template from,i have the measurements,but really need one in my hand to make a wooden copy,then its on!.

Lovely ideas Mike, looks perfectly servicable. Not really a lot of scope as your stuck following the shape of the head/s. The Mongoose comes with a small rubber o ring to keep the head together during travel, maybe this idea so you then make a "head case" without the cutouts. with just a hole in the bottom layer of leather for the threaded portion to sit in? just a thought;)

Lovely ideas Mike, looks perfectly servicable. Not really a lot of scope as your stuck following the shape of the head/s. The Mongoose comes with a small rubber o ring to keep the head together during travel, maybe this idea so you then make a "head case" without the cutouts. with just a hole in the bottom layer of leather for the threaded portion to sit in? just a thought;)
Cheers mbnu54,but that went totally over my head!,rubber 'O' ring????,You have lost me I'm afraid!.I just need to get a Mongoose for a day or two,so I can make a wooden replica,wouldnt even want to shave with it!,just grab the dimensions,then 'get whittling'...LOL!.

Tell you what,the first person who will post me their Mongoose,for a day or two,so I can make a wooden substitute,gets a free 'headcase'...Cant be fairer than that!.....:)

Good idea, my good Sir!
Let's have a look at the three models I have:
Wilkinson Protector: nope...
BiC Metal: hardly...
Gillette Guard: Bingo! If the blade guard was a slightly different shape, it would stay on without elastic bands.
If I go the 3D printing route (because it intrigues me to learn about it) - this thing is a starting point.
Now I know why it is called the 'Guard' :p

Or I could get my act together and get one of my C-Types restored... The ultimate travel razor.

Just tried fitting a Gillette Guard cover on my Schick Injector Dial Adjustable and, as you say, it fits like a glove. Doesn't fit well enough for travelling but is ok for storage etc. Unfortunately it didn't fit my Schick E2 or PAL Injector razors.

Dr. Terror seems to be making good progress on a more sturdy travelling solution - I've been watching with interest.

Just tried fitting a Gillette Guard cover on my Schick Injector Dial Adjustable and, as you say, it fits like a glove. Doesn't fit well enough for travelling but is ok for storage etc. Unfortunately it didn't fit my Schick E2 or PAL Injector razors.

Dr. Terror seems to be making good progress on a more sturdy travelling solution - I've been watching with interest.
If you have the Type E 2 that opens then you can take the blade out and therefore its an ideal traveling razor...No need for a cover..o_O

Billy

If you have the Type E 2 that opens then you can take the blade out and therefore its an ideal traveling razor...No need for a cover..o_O

Billy
Good point, Billy but I wouldn't want to travel with any of my Injectors, they're too precious - meaning it would be a pain to replace them :cool:

I was thinking more about safe storage. I thought it was good practice to always leave the blade in Injectors to keep the spring tension. Do you mean this isn't necessary for open-able injectors like the E2?

Good point, Billy but I wouldn't want to travel with any of my Injectors, they're too precious - meaning it would be a pain to replace them :cool:

I was thinking more about safe storage. I thought it was good practice to always leave the blade in Injectors to keep the spring tension. Do you mean this isn't necessary for open-able injectors like the E2?
Yeah that's true Sir...Over the long term the springs can weaken without tension on them, but in the short term for traveling the blades wouldn't be out long enough to weaken the spring as you would replace it as soon as you got there..o_O

Billy.

Back
Top Bottom