I made an R41 first shave video...

Well done...Good on you to make the effort, the background noise adds a bit of human interest..I'd forgotten what its like to have the kids squalling on a morning.....My R41 is sitting in a box, along with several of its brothers, I think you've inspired me to fish it out again and put it back in the rotation.....

Good video, thanks for sharing that with us. I surprised you managed to get anything shaved with all the distractions going on around you! I require peace and privacy for my shaves, as I hate the feeling of someone wanting me to get a move on!

Well done, sir. Talk about stress - first time with an open comb, first shaving video, and a moderately displeased toddler in the background demanding attention. Honest & informative; all my razors are closed comb, so your reluctance to shave your upper lip with the Muhle R41 is very understandable (to me).

i was tickled by the respect you gave the r41 & the need to build up a relationship before letting it do your full shave, particularly the moustache area :)

i have 3 open comb vintage gillettes - an old, a new improved, and a bar-handled new. they look lovely but are probably the most violent razors i own, whatever technique i use. but i insist on using them - i can almost justify buying them to swmbo then, if ya see what i mean!

i am brave enough to go against the grain on the tash area, but unlike you, i am not brave enough to post a video on 'you tube' of me shaving, so well done mate :)

rick.

I used the pass around R41 for the first time this morning. I was quite surprised at how aggressive it was. It did a very good job though. I only managed a 2 pass shave, I chickened out of the ATG pass, but still got a remarkably close shave, and escaped cutting myself badly as well.
This razor certainly deserves some respect.

Thanks to you I took my R41 from the storage and used it yesterday with a Lord Racer. Nice shave. I use it with the handle straight up, like GeoFatBoy.

Back
Top Bottom