I Need a Stiffer Brush

For a cheap solution, you can't go wrong with an omega boar.

If you want to spend a bit more (not much more though), the ultimate is a TGN finest, 22mm is cheap and the bigger they are the more you pay, but 22mm is an awesome knot. I'm pretty sure you can get a cheap matching handle off of them to fit it too. This won't cost you much but the knot is shaving Nirvana. You can always get a custom handle made from someone if you want to spend more.

I literally can't praise the TGN knot enough. I have made myself 4 brushes with it in!

I ended up buying a Semogue 620 and when I got it out the box I was surprised just how stiff it is. So gave it a little soak prior to showing it some Taylor of Old Bond St. Peppermint cream, I wasn't however expecting it to soften as much as it did. So next time no soak and straight to the cream.

Thanks for the recommendations guys.

Fish

I ended up buying a Semogue 620 and when I got it out the box I was surprised just how stiff it is. So gave it a little soak prior to showing it some Taylor of Old Bond St. Peppermint cream, I wasn't however expecting it to soften as much as it did. So next time no soak and straight to the cream.

Thanks for the recommendations guys.

Fish
The Semogue's tend to get feral looking after a few uses, compared to the Omega's.

The 620 is on my short list of brushes to buy. I have the 830, which has the same handle, but higher loft and softer hairs, and the 1438, which has the same knot as the 620, but is set in a wood handle.

@Dipesh set you on the right path with the 620 recommendation. It would have been mine as well.

In the future, should you decide to explore badger brushes, you might as well resign yourself now to purchasing only Two-Band Finest brushes. Those are the only ones with a comparable face feel.

Back
Top Bottom