Ice Hockey nutcase, now a DE shaver

New to this forum, and although i am now past taking to the ice and throwing a few hits, i have been bitten by the bug and returned to DE shaving. Using a Jagger 89 at the moment but looking to extend my knowledge of the wet shave, and building up a collection of DE razors, so any advice on where to buy the best vintage gillette razors would be appreciated. Cheers in advance..
[/color]

There is lots to be had on eBay too but you can't be as sure about condition etc and will likely pay more, though there are bargains to be had. Also places like executive shaving and safety razors uk have vintage stuff, but again you will likely pay a lot more than you would from other members on here.
Anything in particular you are looking for?

chriszacharek said:
There is lots to be had on eBay too but you can't be as sure about condition etc and will likely pay more, though there are bargains to be had. Also places like executive shaving and safety razors uk have vintage stuff, but again you will likely pay a lot more than you would from other members on here.

Yeah been looking on Ebay Chris, just to see what's out there and prices.. Would like to start a Gillette collection, something around 1950's era initially, or super speed.
So as long as its in good order, then money aint the issue, as i am prepared to pay for the right razor for the collection.
So any ideas, help etc will be appreciated..

John said:
greenbunch said:
Evening John...
John said:
Evening :)
New to this forum John but i do have a lot to do with forums for British Ice Hockey, EIHL and NHL over the pond. Really got the bug with the DE shaving though,
and would like to build a little collection together.

Hello and welcome,
+1 on the BST, keep an eye out and whatever you look for is likely to come along. Less chance of being ripped off as well, quite a nice bunch of blokies.

greenbunch said:
chriszacharek said:

Yeah been looking on Ebay Chris, just to see what's out there and prices.. Would like to start a Gillette collection, something around 1950's era initially, or super speed.
So as long as its in good order, then money aint the issue, as i am prepared to pay for the right razor for the collection.

John said:
greenbunch said:
Evening John...
John said:
New to this forum John but i do have a lot to do with forums for British Ice Hockey, EIHL and NHL over the pond. Really got the bug with the DE shaving though,

I don't blame you wanting a collection of vintage DE razors, lovely things to look at, and shave with, finding good clean original or mint or NOS can be found but costly, you've got to hunt them down without mercy.........and hope none of this lot have found what you've found......and they probably have. LOL vulture's the lot of em :icon_razz:

Taypsie said:
Hello and welcome,
+1 on the BST, keep an eye out and whatever you look for is likely to come along. Less chance of being ripped off as well, quite a nice bunch of blokies.

Just had a look on there Taypsie, yeah i'm intend keeping a close eye on BST, may well start my collection from there.

John said:
greenbunch said:
chriszacharek said:

John said:
greenbunch said:
Evening John...
John said:

I don't blame you wanting a collection of vintage DE razors, lovely things to look at, and shave with, finding good clean original or mint or NOS can be found but costly, you've got to hunt them down without mercy.........and hope none of this lot have found what you've found......and they probably have. LOL vulture's the lot of em :icon_razz:

Take your point John, will have to get up early then! As for looking at them, yes your right

, hopefully be going to do with them what they were designed for too..

greenbunch said:
Taypsie said:
Hello and welcome,

Just had a look on there Taypsie, yeah i'm intend keeping a close eye on BST, may well start my collection from there.

John said:
greenbunch said:
chriszacharek said:

John said:
greenbunch said:
Evening John...

Take your point John, will have to get up early then! As for looking at them, yes your right

, hopefully be going to do with them what they were designed for too..

Being a bit of a newbie! and i know i'm going to look really stupid but NOS?

Duh! see said i would look stupid Cheers Chris..
chriszacharek said:
New Old Stock.

Cheers mate, learn something new every day, as they say..
BraveBlades said:
New Old Stock. Ie old but never used

Tall_Paul said:
Welcome. My best friend has a season ticket to watch the Steelers at the Arena. A fine sport!

Excellent Paul, had ST for many years, you know what they say " football is for girls! Rugby is for men, but ice hockey is for animals"..

greenbunch said:
Duh! see said i would look stupid Cheers Chris..
chriszacharek said:
New Old Stock.

Cheers mate, learn something new every day, as they say..
BraveBlades said:
New Old Stock. Ie old but never used

Tall_Paul said:
Welcome. My best friend has a season ticket to watch the Steelers at the Arena. A fine sport!

Excellent Paul, had ST for many years, you know what they say " football is for girls! Rugby is for men, but ice hockey is for animals"..

And that's why ice hockey players grow beards up to the play offs, so they can have a awesome shave when the seasons over..

LOL I've had the pleasure of ripping open 4 NOS razors, 2 SE GEMS and a gold plated tech from the 50s-60s and a black handled super speed from the 70s, pretty common razors, :icon_razz: but I did receive hate mail, and I had to go into hiding for 9 months :blush:

Back
Top Bottom