Impressed or disappointed …

Impressed: All things I really like.
Not impressed: The stuff I don’t like.

Details are YMMV and hence of no interest to anyone…

giphy.gif

Indulge me (us.)

Impressed

Rockwell 6C
Game Changer .84 (regret selling)
Hawk V3
Timeless 0.68 SS
Timeless Bronze. 38
Tabac soap & ASL
Proraso soap & splash
Wickham 1912 soaps (why did I sell 8 of them?)
Palmolive Stick
Meissner Tremonia soaps
Trumpers creams
Most of all - Yaqi synths

Disappointed

Hawk V2 (horrid thing, gave it away)
Fatboy (it's all hype I tell ya!)
MDC soaps (no slickness at all)
P&B soaps (the scents aren't for me)
Merkur Blades (no apparent QA)
Trumpers soaps (hand soap)

Impressed:
Trumpers Coral skin lotion, love it! Great smell.
Nivea post shave balm, really good.
Cella shaving cream, almond smells great, lovely lather.
Yaqi synthetic brush (napoli, I think).

Disappointed:

Mitchell's wool fat shaving soap. Couldnt get on with it. (Fine as a body wash, but expensive given that it was bought for the purpose).

Dr Harris, lime cologne. Smells great in bottle evaporates immediately. (Given to a friend who loves it though). I didnt like the sample of sandalwood either as it had what smelt like liquorice in it and evaporated (thankfully) really quickly.

It's all subjective and I know what one person likes another doesnt.

My dad or friends usually benefit from anything I dislike anyway so its win win in the long run.

Impressed;
Tabac soap and cologne I love it and the smell!
Basic Alum cube
HWF for price, ease of use, quality and post shave feel.
Barts Balms always soothe me after any shave good or bad.

Disappointed:
My 2 Fatboy’s, both excellent condition, one fully restored, just didn’t/couldn’t get as smooth a shave as I could from my more modern razors or indeed compared to my Tech.
Hi bud, what blades did you try in the fatboys?

Impressed:
Southern Witchcrafts soap slickness and their scents.
Yaqi synthetic brushes.
Anything Proraso.
For the price against performance, tubes of cream, think Palmolive, Lea etc.
Simpsons travel bowl, it’s like cheating when bowl lathering.

Disappointed:
Ariana and Evans Cuban Highball (soap had no scent at all, just smelt of wet clay).
Phoenix and Beau Baskerville soap (I’m a big fan of P&B but this just smelt like an old ashtray, the wife insists it leaves the house toot sweet).
Anything with a single edge blade apart from vintage GEM style razors.
Trumpers Eucris (smells of cat pee on me).

Gosh I would be disappointed if Eucris smelt like that on my skin! I guess whatever the scent notes are, not all scents work on different people's skin do they? Always a risk if you can't try it on you in case it reacts weirdly. I reckon I'll like Eucris but there's always the possibility I could find the same.

Gosh I would be disappointed if Eucris smelt like that on my skin! I guess whatever the scent notes are, not all scents work on different people's skin do they? Always a risk if you can't try it on you in case it reacts weirdly. I reckon I'll like Eucris but there's always the possibility I could find the same.
Yup, definitely a case of your mileage may vary. It smells fine in the bottle so it’s not gone bad or anything, just doesn’t like my skin.

Back
Top Bottom