is it bad to shave everyday

I can't imagine it will cause damage, providing you're doing it properly. If you don't need to shave every day and don't lather up properly then you'll likely experience discomfort or irritation, but many people shave every day, sometimes twice a day.

Providing you have a good lather, a blade that agrees with your skin, and a good technique ie no pressure, theres no reason you couldn't, or shouldn't shave every day.

Agree that it's fine - my father in law shaves every evening and he's never had any issues.

Although depending on what products you use, it might become costly (or an excuse to buy more if you're a glass half full kind of person). He's OK because he uses soap so only gets through at most 2 per year :)

Greetings

I've never had any problems shaving every morning, to me it's just part of the morning routine and something I've always done. I suppose being in the forces as a young man and then in a job that required daily shaving (or a proper beard) I've never had much choice, but now I could shave as much or as little as I wish I still shave as I've always done and I'm quite happy doing it.

As JohnnyO stated, your skin will give you the clearest signal if daily shaving is for you, once that is you are perfectly happy with your shaving technique/method.

Regards
Dick.

Generally I shave every day unless my shave has been quite aggressive and I want to give my skin a rest. Day to day my razors are the Merkur 34C, Rockwell 6S and Type 15, I find these fine day to day razors. If I use any of my iKon slants, X3 & 102, I find I am better to give my skin a days rest because I find they are quite aggressive for me.

I am succetable to irritation on my neck and moustache area, especially when I go ATG with a more aggressive razor, so to combat it I may only do two WTG passes on my neck, I don't particularly chase BBS on my neck at all. For my moustache I simply just grow a tache and soul patch thing for a few days lol.

I have digressed a bit but I am a daily shaver and notice no ill effects from it. I find the opposite, my skin is worse off when I don't shave.

its actually better to shave as many times as you can. not shave 4 times a day, but once a day every day. That's the best plan. For some reason it will help keep things going right.
For ME, skipping a day just makes it worse when I do shave. takes more time, more work, actually cause cuts. and then the next day I normally have to take extra care to prevent cuts. then im back to regular schedule.
the only shaves that I have experienced in the last month, that had nicks, were days that I either hadn't shaved the previous day, or I changed the blade mid shave.

G'day. I shave pretty much, every day and have been for some years now. I've not had any adverse effects or damage but now and then I've had a bad shave that's resulted in some soreness or burn. I will then rest my face for a day or two when that happens. I also use a straight razor about once a week (a weekend treat) too.

So, good prep, good technique, throwing in a single pass mild shave once a week, good post shave routine and paying attention to how you skin/face feels is my "two cents worth" :)

Back
Top Bottom