July 2017 Acquisitions

Yeah your description of the scents (Saponificio Varesino soap) has been very helpful.

I will pick up some Tundra Arctica but first want one of the tin varieties (because bling!) I'm not mad on fougère and the talk of flaky paint doesn't sound a great way to spend £25 so that excludes Felce Aromatica, not sold on the Cosmo scent pyramid, which leaves Manna di Sicilia & 70th anniversary.. I was all set to buy the latter until I read your "almost scentless" description. Decisions, decisions... Its a hard life :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yeah your description of the scents (Saponificio Varesino soap) has been very helpful.

I will pick up some Tundra Arctica but first want one of the tin varieties (because bling!) I'm not mad on fougère and the talk of flaky paint doesn't sound a great way to spend £25 so that excludes Felce Aromatica, not sold on the Cosmo scent pyramid, which leaves Manna di Sicilia & 70th anniversary.. I was all set to buy the latter until I read your "almost scentless" description. Decisions, decisions... Its a hard life :rolleyes:

The new beta version of Felce Aromatica is outstanding so I would suggest you go for the new improved Manna di Sicilia LE. The tin looks like it's got a different finish which, fingers crossed shouldn't chip off.

Last edited:
Where did you buy Vreto from? Curious.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Hi Jon, It was a group buy on ATG. Unfortunately it has closed and the maker has no more soap for another 8 months as he is off to sea for 6 months for work. He is an artisan maker. The group buy wiped out all his stock. At 5 Euro a pot it is outstanding soap.

Hi Jon, It was a group buy on ATG. Unfortunately it has closed and the maker has no more soap for another 8 months as he is off to sea for 6 months for work. He is an artisan maker. The group buy wiped out all his stock. At 5 Euro a pot it is outstanding soap.
Ah okay, literally that ship has sailed for the mean time... I'll await anymore news of his return :) thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SG_4603171.jpg

Picture I found online of a Turkish Tobacco cologne I found at a local supermarket, they had a lemon one by the same brand and a Duru one as well which I may pick up at a later date....

You are very welcome, and indeed thank you for the much needed caffeine hit during my rounds today.
Got to love these Stirling soaps, I've still got four of the six I brought back for myself to try out, obsidian and Glastonbury were awesome.

Back
Top Bottom