June 2017 Acquisitions

Ah you went for a Little Wren bowl too then. I'm thinking of getting another. I've some ideas on what I'm after. Get a pic up Paul love to see it.
It's the same as the others that have been posted on here over the last few days or so , see post 130......vanilla bowl with a nipple in the centre and concentric rings around the inside with the knob on the side of the pot.
A good size all round and easy to hold, cheap as chips, I don't know how she makes her money, can't be a great deal of profit in it! :)

It's the same as the others that have been posted on here over the last few days or so , see post 130......vanilla bowl with a nipple in the centre and concentric rings around the inside with the knob on the side of the pot.
A good size all round and easy to hold, cheap as chips, I don't know how she makes her money, can't be a great deal of profit in it! :)
One of my best finds and I'm glad everyone who gets one is delighted.

One of my best finds and I'm glad everyone who gets one is delighted.
I've just done a test lather in said bowl and it is the perfect size for a vigorous lathering, I used MWF and in no time I had copious amounts of thick creamy lather all contained within the bowl.
It's grand. I thank the enabler who put me on to this, you know who you are! :)

I've just done a test lather in said bowl and it is the perfect size for a vigorous lathering, I used MWF and in no time I had copious amounts of thick creamy lather all contained within the bowl.
It's grand. I thank the enabler who put me on to this, you know who you are! :)

My pleasure! haha. It is a great little bowl but I inadvertantly enabled myself with her 'seconds' Scuttle. It doesn't sit quite flush but as I just tested it works perfectly. Seperate components so it can double as a bowl too :)

2nhf58n.png

My pleasure! haha. It is a great little bowl but I inadvertantly enabled myself with her 'seconds' Scuttle. It doesn't sit quite flush but as I just tested it works perfectly. Seperate components so it can double as a bowl too :)

2nhf58n.png
I know what you are trying to do! I does look nice but your ruse has failed! :)

Last edited:
Ah you went for a Little Wren bowl too then. I'm thinking of getting another. I've some ideas on what I'm after. Get a pic up Paul love to see it.

Ok, Wayne, spill the beans, what are your ideas? I've be mulling over a few myself. These are them...
  • upside-down cup handle, so thumb goes through it when cupping the bowl in your palm
  • slight inward curve of the lip at the top to help prevent lather escape
  • flat bottom on inside of about the size of a 50p coin which has very fine (maybe 2mm width) circular groves. These would be used to allow soft soap to be pressed in and give traction to the soap and prevent it running around the bowl when lathering. One of my pet peeves is scraping a blob of soap out and placing it into the lather bowl only to loose it somewhere in the lather.

Ok, Wayne, spill the beans, what are your ideas? I've be mulling over a few myself. These are them...
  • upside-down cup handle, so thumb goes through it when cupping the bowl in your palm
  • slight inward curve of the lip at the top to help prevent lather escape
  • flat bottom on inside of about the size of a 50p coin which has very fine (maybe 2mm width) circular groves. These would be used to allow soft soap to be pressed in and give traction to the soap and prevent it running around the bowl when lathering. One of my pet peeves is scraping a blob of soap out and placing it into the lather bowl only to loose it somewhere in the lather.
Butting in a bit, but I always thought this is a good idea for a shaving bowl. The prices are high but it is handy if you use the same soap day in and day out. Highlighted on the 'How it works' tab http://www.schwarzweisskeramik.de/enindex.html

Butting in a bit, but I always thought this is a good idea for a shaving bowl. The prices are high but it is handy if you use the same soap day in and day out. Highlighted on the 'How it works' tab http://www.schwarzweisskeramik.de/enindex.html

I like the Schwarzweisskeramik bowls, and that's where I got the idea of an upside down handle. They look fantastic but end up expensive. I chop and change soaps on a daily basis so grating soap into another soap bowl is no good for me.

Back
Top Bottom