June 2017 Acquisitions

Its here :cool:

35461136482_d5f55aba91.jpg

Not quite as flawless the pictures made it appear but good enough and I mostly bought it for the stropping handle so I can try some old skool blades...

Three is the magic number:

35629129855_6137000f71.jpg

... Well not quite, I can't stop buying these things! I think I have a problem.

Hiya,

About a week ago I stumbled on a store selling antiques but after walking in I knew right away is was the wrong place for any shaving crap. Heh, expensive looking heavy furniture and other stuff for the house. Since I was there I did ask about any items and the owner started looking around, saying she knew of one razor somewhere in a drawer someplace. She finally locates a gold plated US Aristocrat like Gillette of some kind and it took me a minute to figure out what it was. No end caps which I have only seen once before in the 1941 Aristocrat, and this one I bought is a 1940 Regent Tech in not bad shape and nice shaving condition. Used it today first time and it was a good experience. Heh, the owner had a $75 tag on the thing but said she would go much lower. I think she wanted it gone from her jazzy place and I gave her $5 and done deal. Yep, pretty good find.

Martin

@dodgy are you trying to become Jack the Ripper with that looking pocket knife otherwise Scotland Yard will come after you :rolleyes:

Ooer! I thought the same, a bit dodgy carrying that around.

Oh, guess I shoulda mentioned the blade's only 3 1/2 inches long so not extremely threatening. Was is nuts is all the states that allow people to carry guns on their hips or in concealed mode.
Bunch of states don't require any kinda training for a concealed/carry license. Pretty sketchy.

@dodgy are you trying to become Jack the Ripper with that looking pocket knife otherwise Scotland Yard will come after you :rolleyes:

Ooer! I thought the same, a bit dodgy carrying that around.

Oh, guess I shoulda mentioned the blade's only 3 1/2 inches long so not extremely threatening. Was is nuts is all the states that allow people to carry guns on their hips or in concealed mode.
There's even a bunch of states that don't require any kinda training for a concealed/carry license. Pretty sketchy.

Hiya,

About a week ago I stumbled on a store selling antiques but after walking in I knew right away is was the wrong place for any shaving crap. Heh, expensive looking heavy furniture and other stuff for the house. Since I was there I did ask about any items and the owner started looking around, saying she knew of one razor somewhere in a drawer someplace. She finally locates a gold plated US Aristocrat like Gillette of some kind and it took me a minute to figure out what it was. No end caps which I have only seen once before in the 1941 Aristocrat, and this one I bought is a 1940 Regent Tech in not bad shape and nice shaving condition. Used it today first time and it was a good experience. Heh, the owner had a $75 tag on the thing but said she would go much lower. I think she wanted it gone from her jazzy place and I gave her $5 and done deal. Yep, pretty good find.

Martin
Come on Martin,
This is cruel. Show us a pic. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom