June 2017 Acquisitions

So you got it in the end Could you please describe the scent. Very tempting.

Hi Mark,
I'll try. It's supposed to be based on Aqua Di Parma 'Coloina'. I haven't got that but I do own ADP Coloina 'Assoluta'.

Straight from the bottle they both smell very similar. When you put it on your skin it does have a strong lemon scent in the middle and does smell like ADP but hasn't got the musk/powdery scent of the original.
After 10 to 15 minutes it does dry down and smooths out. It's very pleasant but doesn't dry down like ADP. I would say it lasts for around a hour.
I've only had a couple of dabs on my hand at this point, so not a true test. Saying all that. ADP doesn't last long on my skin anyway.

I've found the Fine Platinum to last quite a while and even longer if you put some on your clothing.
I also own Fine American Blend which lasts for a good few hours and can even catch a trace of it the next morning (I tend to shave at night).

Hope this helps?

Last edited:
A beautiful Leresche Modèle #85:

y1t0T4r.jpg

sl519Wv.jpg

And a J.A. Henckels safety razor set that seems to be made by Merkur to Henckels, and looking as a great-great parent of the Merkur HD:

mWuIDH8.jpg

PGlBUUo.jpg

Blues Goats Milk Soap arrived this week.
I used it yesterday not expecting it to be a great performing soap.
I was wrong! It leathered like a champ in no time at all, felt quite cushioning, and has a nice citrus smell.
Post shave, it didn't leave my skin dry.
I'll be using it in rotation for sure.
For around £3 from eBay it's got to be a bargain.

Back
Top Bottom