Kent BK4 Silvertip

Fido said:
There is virtually no communication from the owner of the company, their UK outlet never replies to emails. They simply don't deserve to stay in business as a UK brush maker if they are so secretive about their operations.

Well, it pains me to say that I bought mine from Executive Shaving, who have quite possibly the worst communication/customer service ever. I vowed that I wouldn't buy from them again, but I didn't want to get stung by another £20 customs fee by purchasing from the US.

Whatever the situation is regarding Rooney, it is an outstanding brush, and mine has been the first brush I've ever owned that hasn't lost a single hair. Not one!

John

Sorry to hijack the thread, John I think you still have a CH2 Super and Duke 3 how does the H Stubby 2 compare and which one is it from ES, I can't find the Heritage line?

Some interesting information here bearing in mind my last post on this thread:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rooney-Heritage-Stubby-Shaving-Brush/dp/B00278M9E8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=drugstore&qid=1262621209&sr=8-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rooney-Heritage ... 209&sr=8-2</a><!-- m -->

antdad said:
Sorry to hijack the thread, John I think you still have a CH2 Super and Duke 3 how does the H Stubby 2 compare and which one is it from ES, I can't find the Heritage line?

Blimey, you know my brush collection better than I do! :mrgreen:

Well, as much as I like the Duke, I do find the tips a little scritchy. Saying that, I also find my Chubby 2 Super a little bit scritchy also. I don't believe that the current batch of Best and Super are that different from each other, but I could be wrong. I got my Duke from Shaving Shack and my CH2 from Gentleman's Shop.

I don't believe the Super hair is worth the difference in price, but maybe my skin/nerves/brain aren't sensitive enough to tell the difference....

Anyhoo - I find the CH1 too small and the CH2 too big - and I've said that a CH1.5 would be ideal. Well, enter the Stubby 2. It's the perfect size, and the grade of hair is definitely a step up from the Simpsons Super. Really soft tips, yet scrubby. I imagine this is how two-band hair feels!

The Stubby 2 is the only Heritage brush that ES sells (again, why?!)

I would snap one up if I were you.

John

Strange that the only have one, maybe I am loosing my marbles but I am sure they had a few more than that before. They had the Emillion which looks like the beehive and others. Perhaps it was another site but I could have sworn they had a few "Heritage" brushes.

Vintage Blades has quite a few and I am sure they ship to the UK, just the customs issue that arises from going that way.

I understand what Fido is saying about the BK 4, but this brush suits me to tee. I face lather exclusively and use creams mostly and I love the way my BK 4 performs. What Fido might find very interesting is that 2 of my favourite brushes are his New Forest Tubby 2 in 2-band and 2213 in finest silvertip.

Back
Top Bottom