La Toja Shaving stick

Had a delightful shave with this little spanish beauty today teamed up with a russian voskhod
blade, rubbed the wetted 3 day whisker growth with wetted soap stick few swirls with the omega 48 broom! whipped up a meringue in no time at all, decent cushioning and super smooth with the vosky, the scent was quite pleasant, but did not pick up on ocean smells as some other shavers had commented on , but really nice all the same.. the Voskhod blade
is one of the best i have used one of the smoothest i have tried.

I found out today from from one of our Ukrainian students staying with us, that Voskhod
means Sunrise in russian!

The solid soap stick makes you work for it, i find the creams in tubes are too easy!
I remember when i was a smoker i loved the rolling of the tobacco, you have to something for the greater reward
the journey is just as good as the destination!

I believe they extract the mineral salts from the sea from around the island of La toja.

Got this soap along with some Lea Shave stick and Lea shave mentholated shave cream from

gemstone trading who supply a lot of spanish soaps and some russian de blades too

good prices , oh they do some proraso aswell worth checking!

Picked up the La Toja cream (cream tube) from a little supermarket in Mallorca for 2.30 euro?! Shame you can't get that cheap over here, even UK made stuff.

yeah great great price, i paid £4.10 for as tick of La Toja and Lea plus £2.99 postage.

You can get bargains in savers Erasmic stick the original tallow based soap in red box was 69p

And if you use hair products Ingram the same company that make the menthol and lanolin tube shaving cream

have tubes of hair cream at 49p each bargain, i didn't see any of their shave cream though!

Good lather but it stings my face like a beard of bees. Could be the mineral salts...

I've noticed that on other forums as well for some regarding this stick. I have one and it works superbly for me.

Cute story: a few years back I bought some Spanish talcum powder to use. Well, the next day after exiting the shower I liberally applied it to my nether regions and in a few minutes it felt like someone had put an acetylene torch to my nutz!! :eek: I hopped right back into the shower and stood under cold water for quite a spell. Lit my nutz up red as a berry I tell ya!! :oops:

I've noticed that on other forums as well for some regarding this stick. I have one and it works superbly for me.

Cute story: a few years back I bought some Spanish talcum powder to use. Well, the next day after exiting the shower I liberally applied it to my nether regions and in a few minutes it felt like someone had put an acetylene torch to my nutz!! :eek: I hopped right back into the shower and stood under cold water for quite a spell. Lit my nutz up red as a berry I tell ya!! :oops:
Haha great story @Bogeyman ! Must have been very unpleasant:eek: :eek::eek:

Had a delightful shave with this little spanish beauty today teamed up with a russian voskhod
blade, rubbed the wetted 3 day whisker growth with wetted soap stick few swirls with the omega 48 broom! whipped up a meringue in no time at all, decent cushioning and super smooth with the vosky, the scent was quite pleasant, but did not pick up on ocean smells as some other shavers had commented on , but really nice all the same.. the Voskhod blade
is one of the best i have used one of the smoothest i have tried.

I found out today from from one of our Ukrainian students staying with us, that Voskhod
means Sunrise in russian!

I shaved with this for the first time today after using the Lea stick yesterday. A pretty good shave with La Toja, but personally, I thought the Lea stick was a better performer. Just that little bit thicker and creamier.

Glad to hear this, i purchased both at the same time along with some Lea Mentholated cream in the tube, which was a top notch performer with a lovely scent which i cannot describe and a good dose of face freeze which i love!
I might be right in thinking the better performance from the Lea stick would be that it s a Tallow based soap and
La Toja is veggie! I will try the Lea Stick this evening.
I purchased all the spanish creams and soaps from gemstonetrading very good prices and customer servcice!

Glad to hear this, i purchased both at the same time along with some Lea Mentholated cream in the tube, which was a top notch performer with a lovely scent which i cannot describe and a good dose of face freeze which i love!
I might be right in thinking the better performance from the Lea stick would be that it s a Tallow based soap and
La Toja is veggie! I will try the Lea Stick this evening.
I purchased all the spanish creams and soaps from gemstonetrading very good prices and customer servcice!

Yep, Gemstone great for the spanish stuff. I was recently in the Basque region, so picked up some of these at a supermarket for less than a couple of euro each.

I am something of a tallow snob (that said, I love Maca Root from TBS), so I gravitate towards your suggestion being right. Nothing wrong with the La Toja one; I just found Lea had the edge. It's not a stick that gets mentioned much in dispatches, but it will stay in my rotation. A very neutral scent as well, so it would accept the addition of a few drops of your favourite essential oil as well.

Back
Top Bottom