Loake Shoes

as in the other post i just did... I absolutely love my loake chesters!

I also have some Loake chelsea boots (forget the model, but they were about £200) and Loake 221 in burgundy.

They all serve me very well indeed.

Wmmets said:
Thanks
I've seen herring shoes online before is there anyway of finding out what lasts are used? Reason I ask is there's only two shops in the uk so I'd have to buy without trying on if there was any I fancied

Some product descriptions on the Herring website do include the last, but why not email them? I've found both Pediwear and Herring to be really helpful re: fit when contacted.

Clifford said:
Wmmets said:
Thanks
I've seen herring shoes online before is there anyway of finding out what lasts are used? Reason I ask is there's only two shops in the uk so I'd have to buy without trying on if there was any I fancied

Some product descriptions on the Herring website do include the last, but why not email them? I've found both Pediwear and Herring to be really helpful re: fit when contacted.

Yeah it's good to talk I guess :)

OrangeSport said:
My latest pair - Loake Otterburn:

Now those are quite something! I am now torn between these, the Loake Thirsk Chelsea boot in light tan and the Adams shoe or Mulligan boot. I was favouring the Thirsk for easy on off but the Otterburns are very special indeed. My Herring Kendals are Loake made and fit very well indeed but are on the 026 last whereas the Otterburn and Thirsk are on the country 024 last which is supposedly roomier. How do you find 'em, Orangesport? Have you any Loakes on the 026 last?

Gairdner said:
OrangeSport said:

Now those are quite something! I am now torn between these, the Loake Thirsk Chelsea boot in light tan and the Adams shoe or Mulligan boot. I was favouring the Thirsk for easy on off but the Otterburns are very special indeed. My Herring Kendals are Loake made and fit very well indeed but are on the 026 last whereas the Otterburn and Thirsk are on the country 024 last which is supposedly roomier. How do you find 'em, Orangesport? Have you any Loakes on the 026 last?

Thanks, I was also stumped between these and the Thirsk boots. The Thirsks were out of stock. The 024 is an F fitting, and narrower than the 026 which is a G. I have both, and the 024 is just right with thin socks. The 026 fits well with thicker socks.

The Otterburns should, in theory, fit like the Chesters. Because they are 4 eyelet shoes rather than 5 they cut a little lower under the ankle bone.

I think you can see the 026 is wider by looking at this picture. The brown Badminton with red laces is on the 026. I could, perhaps, have come down half a size with them, but they are still comfy. The Otterburn is at the end with the thick natural coloured laces in this picture.

Truth be told, the 024 and the 3625 fit me best, but I really like the Badmintons! Think the Chesters (blue laces) are my very favourite pair though.

Very much obliged to you, sir! You like a change of laces, don't you. :D

The black brogue, which model is that?

I do, especially on my casual shoes. The black brogues and the boots have more subtle laces as they are primarily work shoes.

The black brogues are 102Bs, from Debenhams. They are F fitting on the 3625 last with Goodyear welted leather soles. They may be Debenhams only, as everywhere else (including the Loake website) has G fitting 202S.

They are made in India, and lower quality leather than the 1880s (these are L1s), but still very nice and they have a very high shine. Being an Oxford Brogue they are a snugger fit than the Derby shoes.

OrangeSport said:
Gairdner said:
OrangeSport said:

Thanks, I was also stumped between these and the Thirsk boots. The Thirsks were out of stock. The 024 is an F fitting, and narrower than the 026 which is a G. I have both, and the 024 is just right with thin socks. The 026 fits well with thicker socks.

The Otterburns should, in theory, fit like the Chesters. Because they are 4 eyelet shoes rather than 5 they cut a little lower under the ankle bone.

I think you can see the 026 is wider by looking at this picture. The brown Badminton with red laces is on the 026. I could, perhaps, have come down half a size with them, but they are still comfy. The Otterburn is at the end with the thick natural coloured laces in this picture.

Truth be told, the 024 and the 3625 fit me best, but I really like the Badmintons! Think the Chesters (blue laces) are my very favourite pair though.

A fine collection of shoes I must say. I have just invested in a pair of Loake Chesterfields and I am very pleased with them.

I did wonder.... :)

Great choice. My Chesters are my favorite shoes. Love them..

1340224d1389344173-%AB%AB%AB%AB%AB%AB%AB-wruw-friday-10-january-2014-%BB%BB%BB%BB%BB%BB-chester.jpg

Taken today..

Back
Top Bottom