Loake Shoes

Any body looking for a pair of L1s the clarks outlet shop at xscape castleford had a good selection on show today.
Tried them on and they are nice but my feet have shrunk from a size eleven to a ten.

tuftey02 said:
Any body looking for a pair of L1s the clarks outlet shop at xscape castleford had a good selection on show today.
Tried them on and they are nice but my feet have shrunk from a size eleven to a ten.

The Clarks outlet at Cheshire Oaks also had a few pairs of L1's in stock, I tried some Chelsea boots.

I also tried some similar ones Charles Tyrwhitt ones (made by Loake) which the manager discounted to price match the L1s in clarks. Not sure if these are also made in India like the L1s

tuftey02 said:

It's most likely a larger last that the shoe is made on or possibly a wider fitting G. If it was a country type shoe or boot they are usually made on a wide last to accommodate thick socks although this isn't always the case.

Northam Saint said:
A few years old now but here are my two pairs. 1880 Brogues and Design. Both made in England.

Are those brogues the Buckingham?

Just trying to decide between the following shoes:

Loake Buckingham Dainite
Loake Sovereign
Charles Tywitt Paddington (only if I can get outlet to do them cheaper)

harrinp1 said:
Northam Saint said:
A few years old now but here are my two pairs. 1880 Brogues and Design. Both made in England.

Loake Buckingham Dainite
Loake Sovereign

Just looked and they say Chester inside. They are a good few years old.

So far, of two pairs I have, the Otterburns are my favourites. The Victory sole is excellent.

Gairdner said:
So far, of two pairs I have, the Otterburns are my favourites. The Victory sole is excellent.

Seconded on the Victory sole. Grippy, hardwearing and from the side I think it looks a bit smarter than Dainite.

I've got a pair of heavy brogue boots from the 1880 range; great shoes for the £.

harrinp1 said:
Northam Saint said:

Loake Buckingham Dainite
Loake Sovereign

What did you end up going for?

I was considering the Sovereign, but went for the Heston.

PS, does anyone know where the best place to get shoe trees is?

smegal said:
harrinp1 said:
Northam Saint said:

Loake Buckingham Dainite
Loake Sovereign

Pediwear

smegal said:
harrinp1 said:
Northam Saint said:

Loake Buckingham Dainite
Loake Sovereign

I got the soverigns, seem like a nice shoe, pretty heavy but should last well.

Ken T M said:
NOTSHARP said:
Ken,
Try 'before you buy' is not easy up here. To find a stockist with a decent stock would entail a 100 mile round trip. Many folks in Scotland rely on mail order. I don't have a problem with it. The fact that the shoes didn't fit was strange, as my other Loakes' of the same size, do. My concern was that I thought that I had ordered English made shoes.
Certainly, the quality looked OK, and your comments seem to bare that out.

Steve

Steve,

I hadn't realised you were so far out. I apologise if I came across a bit brusquely.

I have a very hazy recollection of a man at the discount shoe store on Strutton Ground (Victoria, London) telling me that L1's manufacture to width G as standard, meaning that I can shoe a 10 in L1's, very comfortably (I have slightly hobbity wide feet), but with most other off-the-shelf shoes I wear size 11's, with my toes peering into a vast cavern at the end of the shoe.

Was the shoe too narrow or too short, or something else?

Good place to buy cheap Loakes and Doc Marten's, I got a pair of Loake Royal for £125. Sadly I didn't realize that corrected grain leather. Looking forward to buy some Sanders & Sanders.

Back
Top Bottom