Looking to try my 1st hard soap

AS above, I have plenty of shaving creams and a few pucks of soft soaps but never ventured into using a hard soap yet, I have a La Toja, a Speick and palmolive sticks which I have used but looking for recommendations for hard soap in a puck.

isaiah53 said:

Hah, what a sense of humor.........gotta love it. Tabac eh?

Well, maybe I would suggest a soap that smells unlike dead things, not that dead things smell bad.

How bout he picks out a nice flavor in the DR Harris family of fine hard soaps instead. Very good performer with some classy scents.

Martin

Depends on budget I suppose but if you're not bothered by cost then Truefitt and Hill luxury hard soap is a good one, lovely old fashioned English soap scent with a bit of lavender, still the only hard soap I've bought more than one of. They also do an 1805 version now if you like that range.

Go to boots and have a smell of tabac if you like it order from all beauty if not then go with Dr Harris. I like tabac soap but the AS is a bit strong scent wise. I dont smell the dead people though just tobacco and flowers.

1. DR Harris - Arlington
2. Prof Blighty (when he is producing again) I like the grape wood
MWF

You already have speick which you could grate down into a puck if you really wanted and it's a great performer

Agree that Tabac is a great place to start. The bowl is totally worth the very reasonable price and will get you many shaves from a puck of that size (125g I think). The smell is not a problem as it really calms down after a while. Fantastic in colder weather.

The only other soap that I would recommend to you is Martin de Candre. Stupidly expensive, but until you try this stuff you won't understand my fascination with it, or anyone else's. A 200g jar will go for decades as well...

Mr_Smartepants said:
My favorites are both no longer in production :(
Old Spice and RL Safari. Both tallow based.

There's a Safari puck in the BST that has been there for ages. I'd go for it if you like it.

Back
Top Bottom