Looking to try my 1st hard soap

AS above, I have plenty of shaving creams and a few pucks of soft soaps but never ventured into using a hard soap yet, I have a La Toja, a Speick and palmolive sticks which I have used but looking for recommendations for hard soap in a puck.

isaiah53 said:

Hah, what a sense of humor.........gotta love it. Tabac eh?

Well, maybe I would suggest a soap that smells unlike dead things, not that dead things smell bad.

How bout he picks out a nice flavor in the DR Harris family of fine hard soaps instead. Very good performer with some classy scents.

Martin

Depends on budget I suppose but if you're not bothered by cost then Truefitt and Hill luxury hard soap is a good one, lovely old fashioned English soap scent with a bit of lavender, still the only hard soap I've bought more than one of. They also do an 1805 version now if you like that range.

I strangely like the scent of tabac, it comes in a great bowl, and lathers fantastically. Try allbeauty.com for the best price I've seen, free shipping.

Go to boots and have a smell of tabac if you like it order from all beauty if not then go with Dr Harris. I like tabac soap but the AS is a bit strong scent wise. I dont smell the dead people though just tobacco and flowers.

1. DR Harris - Arlington
2. Prof Blighty (when he is producing again) I like the grape wood
MWF

You already have speick which you could grate down into a puck if you really wanted and it's a great performer

Agree that Tabac is a great place to start. The bowl is totally worth the very reasonable price and will get you many shaves from a puck of that size (125g I think). The smell is not a problem as it really calms down after a while. Fantastic in colder weather.

The only other soap that I would recommend to you is Martin de Candre. Stupidly expensive, but until you try this stuff you won't understand my fascination with it, or anyone else's. A 200g jar will go for decades as well...

Mr_Smartepants said:
My favorites are both no longer in production :(
Old Spice and RL Safari. Both tallow based.

There's a Safari puck in the BST that has been there for ages. I'd go for it if you like it.

Back
Top Bottom