MAGUIRE'S Barbershop is coming back!

Greetings

I do not wish to appear as the only dissenting voice but Maguires was the only online shaving goods supplier that attracted such a huge amount of negative feedback on e-bay.

So here we are six months on from the closure of their e-bay site and their online shop saying, everything is now just 'Fine and dandy', just forget it all happened, it was all down to somebody else, 'not me guv', normal business will resume as usual.

The captain of the ship is the same as before, so what in reality, save for the passage of time (and one employee we are told) has changed?

I must add that I was never a customer, I nearly was in the latter stages of Maguire's trading but read the e-bay feedback, and that spoke for itself!

Regards
Dick.

Norfolkdick said:
Greetings

I do not wish to appear as the only dissenting voice but Maguires was the only online shaving goods supplier that attracted such a huge amount of negative feedback on e-bay.

So here we are six months on from the closure of their e-bay site and their online shop saying, everything is now just 'Fine and dandy', just forget it all happened, it was all down to somebody else, 'not me gov', normal business will resume as usual.

The captain of the ship is the same as before, so what in reality, save for the passage of time (and one employee we are told) has changed?

I must add that I was never a customer, I nearly was in the latter stages of Maguire's trading but read the e-bay feedback, and that spoke for itself!

Regards
Dick.

That's a very fair question, and one you are definitely right to ask. However, I think that everyone else on the thread (so far!) had good or even excellent experiences in earlier transactions and is hoping for a return to form.

From my perspective, Maguires offered a combination of hard to find products, reasonable prices and fast delivery - but this was prior to the spell of poor service the led to them withdrawing their eBay facility.

Only time will tell, but I genuinely feel that a return to form would be a welcome addition to the shaving supply arsenal.

YorkNeil said:
That's fantastic - luckily I stocked up on Ogallala in New York but delighted I can get it from you in future. All the best with the business.

Yes very much looking forward to being able to purchase some more Ogallala good stuff

Hmm. Interesting post Paul.

There are clearly some issues still outstanding.
But I'm confused. One of the major problems iirc, was the eBay page saying (and I paraphrase) that Maguires was run by crooks that take your money despite us not having the item, and never intending to honour the deal. I don't remember the exact wording, but it was pretty damning and unpleasant.
Who was responsible for this? You made comments about stuff not in stock in your above post, but say there is no sour grapes. Could it have been the other person who was sacked who made the comments? In which case maybe the original post from Richard was aimed at him.

Either way it's nice to hear both sides of the story, and I will continue to remember my experience with dealing with Jonathan, where he helped me buy a boar omega, and answered emails quickly and politely.

Sounds as though a business in an area unknown to those running it went through a difficult period which caused a fair few problems and some resentment. It would be nice to think that lessons have been learned by the owners and that employee morale is a higher priority in future so that similar difficulties can be prevented. One of the most important aspects of online selling, it seems to me, is maintaining accurate stock and availability information on the site and answering questions as to availability and the whereabouts of orders honestly and openly. It would appear that, due to a combination of circumstances, this stopped happening last year.

I had nothing but good service from Maguires in thhe past and so felt quite happy to buy from them now they are back - there are two orders on their way to me now.

I'm glad I've been forgiven for my mistakes and fuck-ups. I've learned from them and moved on, a better person. Let's give Maguires a fighting chance in their new incarnation.

Taking orders without stock, and not telling the Customer is, IMO, a sure-fire way of losing business. An astronomy site I used to use had the same problem and soon gained a very poor reputation that resulted in their closure, I believe.

I have had a couple of orders via email and Jonathan was quick to reply and send my items, I was also hoping the main website would be up and running by now, I can only presume ther is a tech issue or he's awaiting more stock.

Back
Top Bottom