MAGUIRE'S Barbershop is coming back!

I've bookmarked the site so I'll check it out before making my next purchase. Hope all goes well... everybody seems to have positive feedback from previous experience.

Considering that the two guys from Maguires started this thread over a month ago, they haven't done very well in communicating progress. Personally if I was trying to sell shaving gear in the UK, I would make sure that the people who are members of the UK's biggest shaving forum, are kept up to date.

They haven't logged onto TSR for over 3 weeks, and there is are no posts on their twitter or facebook pages for 4 months and 10 weeks respctively.

I also notice that all paulo's posts have been replaced by sad faces.
Don't know whether he has done that himself, or there was a complaint and a moderater has done it.

Either way, I check weekly to see if they are up and running again. They aren't.

I am sad to say that the promise of upto date news via facebook and twitter, along with a new website coming back in the "next few weeks"; is proving a bit of a fib.
I will have to see some really great feedback before I feel happy to buy from here. It seems they are still OK with the "bait and switch" technique.

If I was running this sort of business I'd want website, social media and e-shopping gremlins sorted out in hours or days, not several months, online reputation management is crucial these days. I've had some Ogalalla stuff from them back in the day, and for that reason I want Maguire's to do well, but the whole online side of the business just seems to be an unadulterated shambles.
Maguire's: If you're reading, please consider employing someone to look after web sales and website / social media management, it will pay for itself many times over. You'll never grow the business if you do the online side as a part time task.

Canuck said:
If I was running this sort of business I'd want website, social media and e-shopping gremlins sorted out in hours or days, not several months, online reputation management is crucial these days. I've had some Ogalalla stuff from them back in the day, and for that reason I want Maguire's to do well, but the whole online side of the business just seems to be an unadulterated shambles.
Maguire's: If you're reading, please consider employing someone to look after web sales and website / social media management, it will pay for itself many times over. You'll never grow the business if you do the online side as a part time task.

Agree with you here.

I ordered from them in the past and was 110% happy with the service received. But I'm not sure about ordering from them when they do get up and running now. It seems to me they all of a sudden were coming back, now nothing seems to be happening.

Northam Saint said:
Canuck said:

Agree with you here.

I ordered from them in the past and was 110% happy with the service received. But I'm not sure about ordering from them when they do get up and running now. It seems to me they all of a sudden were coming back, now nothing seems to be happening.

I agree with you guys. I bought several stuff from Maguire's and never had any problem, very satisfied and happy to buy from them, however this unexplained delays looks like uncertainty, and makes me think twice.

They have been the buyer recently if you click "feedback as seller" then you'll see they've not been selling since Autumn of last year which is when they ran into problems.

i bought from them once - service was as good as you could hope for but i would wait for them to re-establish themselves before i bought from them again

I fear that they could be in financial trouble. If they can't buy stock they have nothing to sell. If you have nothing to sell, you don't open an eBay shop.

I really hope that this is not the case, as when they were up and running they were very good indeed.

Ian

It is all very unsettling and as a previous supporter of Maguire's I must admit I will have second thought's about using again .
One thing to note though is that we have not heard from Jonathan , the OP was somebody called Richard , someone I had not heard of before this thread , I only ever dealt with Jonathan in the past , it would be nice to hear from him .
I wonder if the Barbershop is still trading/open ?

Derrick

There was a recent thread where an ex staff member laid out the story for us, it seems that there was a lot of internal strife at Maguires over working terms and who ran the online eBay sales. That staff member has now moved on and they were supposed to be finalising the new website.

I have had two orders from Jonathan via email over the last six weeks with no issues at all, I'll drop him a message to ask if he can update us on this forum, that way he can end all the speculation and say one way or the other if Maguires is coming back.

Back
Top Bottom