March 2017 Acquisitions

s-l1600.jpg

My Surgical Black Arkansas Stone Arrived Today from the USA..Lovely Stone..I Lapped it Up 1000 Grit & Chamfered the Edges ..It was Flat when I Got it..I Am Over the Moon..Time to Play..:D

Billy

H
I keep thinking about this one. How is it for you? Is it like a L'Occitane synth with more backbone? Are the tips scritchy at all? What do you compare it to?
Hi Mike, I only received it today. That's my quick lather test you see there. I've never been interested in synths & to be honest, It was the handle that got me interested in it at first. I can't compare it to anything else because I've never used a synth before. Having said that, I can tell you that it's very comfortable( I prefer long handled brushes), has good backbone which I wasn't expecting, and lathers up a storm! It achieves a great lather very quickly. I haven't used it for a shave yet but I'm expecting good things.

H

Hi Mike, I only received it today. That's my quick lather test you see there. I've never been interested in synths & to be honest, It was the handle that got me interested in it at first. I can't compare it to anything else because I've never used a synth before. Having said that, I can tell you that it's very comfortable( I prefer long handled brushes), has good backbone which I wasn't expecting, and lathers up a storm! It achieves a great lather very quickly. I haven't used it for a shave yet but I'm expecting good things.
I like the idea of a synth for travel use. If I forget it I haven't lost a fortune.

I have been away on trip to Madrid, never been before but can highly recommend now I have been. Picked up these, all from El Corte Ingles.

I tried the La Toja Aftershave and the soap sticks while I was away, very impressed with the soaps. I took my Schick L1 with a Japanese Schick blade with me and a Merkur 45C with a Voskhod blade, I got excellent shaves each time.

LaTojaYLea.JPG

And this was waiting for me when I got home, thanks @merwtje . I just missed out on a NOS one he had up for sale but he had this lightly used one as well.

SchickAdj.jpg

Back
Top Bottom