Martin De Candre

If you like it and it performs well for you then Rolls Royce's old adage springs to mind...

"Quality will remain long after the price is forgotten."

I've gone through several pucks of MdC - fougere and original. Liked and used them both to death but got bored of them and sold them off. I do like the rose note though...

Still waiting for my sample though.

I'm always amazed by the efficacy of the product. You only need a tiny amount of product to generate a lovely lather.

So whilst it is on the more spendy side, I don't seem to need as much soap as I would do with, say, Proraso.

Well I received my sample of the rose. It definitely smells great. A woody, slightly dirty rose to me. Definitely masculine I might add. Test shave tomorrow if I can find a suitable bowl or container to put it in. They also threw in a sample soap that's artisan that I've never heard of. Tempted to get a vetyver sample as well... oh brother! Here we go again!

Well I received my sample of the rose. It definitely smells great. A woody, slightly dirty rose to me. Definitely masculine I might add. Test shave tomorrow if I can find a suitable bowl or container to put it in. They also threw in a sample soap that's artisan that I've never heard of. Tempted to get a vetyver sample as well... oh brother! Here we go again!

You'll find the scent develops during lathering. It's gorgeous.
What was the name of the free soap you were given?

You'll find the scent develops during lathering. It's gorgeous.
What was the name of the free soap you were given?

I really need to get a bowl and try it.

The free sample was Wickham 1912 Vegetal Classic 24. It really smells awesome but I am not so keen on it's performance as I see it contains shea butter which doesn't work well for my skin.

To me, it is. It would last a long time, and I really like soaps that are economical in that regard. The performance is up there, it's not the best but it can hold it's own.

Back
Top Bottom