Closed Merkur Futur Pass Around

Having spoken to Fly3k he is ok about swapping slots with Vman, and as an aside, as he said it saves it getting lost in the Xmas post rush. So Vijay I'll pass it on to you when we meet next week, it's been as thoroughly cleaned as I can manage and lubricated so it adjusts much more smoothly than when it arrived with me, I've also realigned it so the numbers on the dial and the indicator dot correspond .

Thanks charliej and Fly3k - If Norfolkdick is ok with this then so am I, however, I probably wont be attempting to use it for a week or two more yet, so it will be some time mid Jan before I can pass it on to globalm. Will be interested in seeing how it compares to my gillette adjustable which should be with be soon too.

vman said:
Thanks charliej and Fly3k - If Norfolkdick is ok with this then so am I, however, I probably wont be attempting to use it for a week or two more yet, so it will be some time mid Jan before I can pass it on to globalm. Will be interested in seeing how it compares to my gillette adjustable which should be with be soon too.

HI Vijay it should go to Fly3k after you and then to Globalm once it gets to him the list is back in order.

Ready to pass this onto the next chap if they can please PM me their address.

I really want to thank dick for the opportunity to try this razor.

The style is something I really like and if there ever was a line up of razors, this would catch my eye and it could easily have been my impulse buy when I started a few months ago - thankfully I did some research first and went for a mild razor

Had a few shaves with it this week and I dont think its for me. The weight is not a problem, in fact, it has now got me thinking of getting a heavier handle for my EJ89, for me, it was the head, it was just too bulky for me. The shaves themselves were good, but there was a hint of menace lurking with each stroke - I dont think I ever went past 1.5 either :) - not that I got any weepers, though I think all shaves could be termed aggresive

But, as the saying goes, never say never and I may well end up with one later down the line, but for now I am looking forward to my Sunday shave with the good old EJ89

I have just had my second shave with the futur. It's a beast of a razor, first attempt I thought it was too heavy but seemed better today. I like the way the blade loads no danger of the blade not being aligned properly. So far I am at 3.5 on the dial but will ramp it up to 4 next time around.

The only downside is getting under the nose with this big head, but it is manageable.

Greetings

The Merkur Futur pass around has now done the rounds of all those that said they wished to try it, are there any other takers who would like to try this razor before it finds it way home to me!

It is a razor that seems to divide opinions and with quite a different 'feel' to many other razors, due in part to it's weight and the thickness of the head.

Any more takers?

Regards
Dick.

To update at 4 this gives me a perfect shave and isn't as scary as some may think. It can be a bit of trouble under the nostrils but you can always tidy up with another razor under there.

Well worth a shot if you fancy trying a slightly more aggressive razor although on setting 1 its a trouble free shave.

Thanks Dick for the chance to try this, I may even buy one if one comes up on BST.

Back
Top Bottom