Merkur Progress "Digress"

Hahaha, I thought so too :p

Look forward l seeing them. I'm close to pulling the trigger but the pics on the site don't sell it to me enough to keep it from replacing my Mer.

Re: RE: Merkur Progress "Digress"

Dipesh said:

Look forward l seeing them. I'm close to pulling the trigger but the pics on the site don't sell it to me enough to keep it from replacing my Mer.

You should pull the trigger, if its a standard Mer I could dispose of that out of date thing for you :)

Dipesh said:

Nor does it say these razors are the Merkur 570 or 510 just says 500, I have sent an Email too Ian. But have not heard anything.........

Like Dipesh has stated not enough information on the Website..... and would be a hard act to follow my Mergress XL. We wait and see.

Charles U.K

Dipesh said:
Pics or it didn't happen Jon!

One tries to satisfy the requests of one's peers.

IMG_4060_zps3ba86cb7.jpg

IMG_4061_zpsb95c23c2.jpg

Pre & post this mornings shave.

Still very happy with it. Especially now I've got the had alignment correct!!

Jon

The Alu will change the balance and depending on your shaving style and how you adapt to the balance, will change the shave it gives.

Also it depends how you like your razors too, balanced all over or head heavy.

They look very nicely done, but there's a huge difference in weight between 110g for the HD stainless steel model, and 86g for the LD aluminium model almost an ounce making them almost two entirely different razor in hand, I personally would have to hold both before I could make the call.

Jamie.

Chaps - Got my XL HD through this morning and its fantastic, straight into the rotation - I like em a little heavy and this really fits the ticket - the dial gives a true scale reading and the build quality is fantastic. And Ian from the Groom Room was great to deal with too.

Joyous

Ratty

[attachment=7993]
[attachment=7994]
[attachment=7995]

Attachments

• IMG_7808.JPG
    IMG_7808.JPG
    223.2 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_7809.JPG
    IMG_7809.JPG
    293.8 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_7810.JPG
    IMG_7810.JPG
    251.7 KB · Views: 150
Oh Jesus Christ, why have I seen this?! You know when you just wish you could erase things from memory, back slowly out of a room and pretend it never happened. But I saw! I saw it! Now I need to have it. This is the biggest, most tempting, eye-candy, enabling thread I may ever have laid eyes on. Damn you all.

Re: RE: Merkur Progress "Digress"

cheesepiece said:
Oh Jesus Christ, why have I seen this?! You know when you just wish you could erase things from memory, back slowly out of a room and pretend it never happened. But I saw! I saw it! Now I need to have it. This is the biggest, most tempting, eye-candy, enabling thread I may ever have laid eyes on. Damn you all.

I think he likes it.

NotTheStig said:
cheesepiece said:

I think he likes it.

images7_zps974fc78c.jpg

:icon_biggrin:

In a week or two one of these will land at my doorstep. and the funny thing is that I didn't buy it. My wife did while she ordered some other stuff online for me.

She has a interest in wet shaving gear, lucky me :) She didn't plan to tell me but I had to find something in my browser history and found out about it. It's nice if you have a partner that shares a hobby. She's always on the lookout for old razors and stuff for me.

Oh yes forgot to mention, she did use my card to buy it, well you can't have it all I suppose, it's still a woman ;-)

Back
Top Bottom