Mitchells Wool Fat

That's good to know. I read on a website that Kent Luxury is the same as this soap, but with a slightly different scent. Is it true?

I was ready to order it tonight (Kent), but after so much thought over this, the store is closed now and I didn't even notice. :D

WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO?
Mitchell's Wool Fat Luxury Shaving Soap is renowned for it's lather and it's amazing skin softening qualities. A simple and natural product, Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap is still made to Mr. Mitchell's original formula, based on a recipe from the turn of the century and incorporating lanolin from the wool fat as the key ingredient.

Although no medical claims are made for it, this very gentle soap is particularly soothing to sensitive skins and has often been recommended by members of the medical profession to help alleviate certain skin complaints.

APPLICATION METHOD AND DESCRIPTION:
Now, I had read a lot about people having issues lathering MWF, so, with all the information to hand, I lathered away. I loaded the brushes (boar and synthetic) like I hated them, for a minimum of 30 seconds, then to the bowl. I added water slowly to build a thick lather. I did find the lather took longer to build to a tight, small bubbled lather, but (and I cannot stress this enough), it was well worth the effort. A 30 second load produced easily enough lather for 4 passes.

CONCLUSIVE COMMENTS:
OK, the building of the lather takes longer than creams and croaps, but the cushioning, glide and post shave feel are divine. I feel no need for post shave balms or creams. There is no dryness I get with other hard shaving soaps. The subtle 'old school clean' smell is really pleasant during use as well. Although the ceramic dish adds nothing to the actual shave, it is a very nice addition to the product, well worth shelling out the extra money for.

WOULD YOU BUY IT AGAIN?
Well, in short yes. I see the soap being one of my favourites very quickly, and the refill pucks offer superb value for money.

AdobePhotoshopExpress_3119a195c61445e7b4e946c1a9623943.jpg
Mitchell's Shaving Soap has the edge over Wickhams 1912 Russian Leather, I have used Mitchell's previously, now using Wickhams, I will use Mitchell's again soon and it's cheaper...

WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO?
Mitchell's Wool Fat Luxury Shaving Soap is renowned for it's lather and it's amazing skin softening qualities. A simple and natural product, Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap is still made to Mr. Mitchell's original formula, based on a recipe from the turn of the century and incorporating lanolin from the wool fat as the key ingredient.

Although no medical claims are made for it, this very gentle soap is particularly soothing to sensitive skins and has often been recommended by members of the medical profession to help alleviate certain skin complaints.

APPLICATION METHOD AND DESCRIPTION:
Now, I had read a lot about people having issues lathering MWF, so, with all the information to hand, I lathered away. I loaded the brushes (boar and synthetic) like I hated them, for a minimum of 30 seconds, then to the bowl. I added water slowly to build a thick lather. I did find the lather took longer to build to a tight, small bubbled lather, but (and I cannot stress this enough), it was well worth the effort. A 30 second load produced easily enough lather for 4 passes.

CONCLUSIVE COMMENTS:
OK, the building of the lather takes longer than creams and croaps, but the cushioning, glide and post shave feel are divine. I feel no need for post shave balms or creams. There is no dryness I get with other hard shaving soaps. The subtle 'old school clean' smell is really pleasant during use as well. Although the ceramic dish adds nothing to the actual shave, it is a very nice addition to the product, well worth shelling out the extra money for.

WOULD YOU BUY IT AGAIN?
Well, in short yes. I see the soap being one of my favourites very quickly, and the refill pucks offer superb value for money.

AdobePhotoshopExpress_3119a195c61445e7b4e946c1a9623943.jpg
I agree wholly!

Back
Top Bottom