Mitchells Wool Fat

I 'liked' your post Carl simply because you spelled 'gaol' in the proper manner. However, please try to remember capital letters when starting a new sentence after a question mark. :p:D

I've got to admit, after this I'd find it hard to try much else. I will, but all the time I'll be looking forward to using WMF again.

Regards,
Chris

Really, it's not that difficult ...

With a brand new fresh puck, straight out of the box, give it 60 swirls with a damp brush to work up a proto-lather on the soap. Too much water from the outset will give an overly foamy lather which is not as protective as it could be. The soap will pick up on the brush. From there, face lather on a wet face or in a bowl, adding in drops of water as you go. Don't add a lot of water each time, but if you do find it foaming up then just work it until it goes nice and thick again before adding more water for more volume.

Once you're a dab hand at it (like me :D) you can do a mere 10 swirls in each direction after dropping a half teaspoon of water onto it and going at it with a fully dry synthetic brush and then a couple of sprinkles of water to pull up a wonderful lather in no time. Practice makes perfect and I guess the patience thing mentioned above refers to the possibility that you might need to try a couple of test lathers just to get the hang of it, but in the end it's a shaving soap and well renowned the world over.

Back
Top Bottom