Mitchels Wool Fat - Anyone old enough to remember the Fairy Liquid Ads?

I prepared this following wisdom gleaned from here, soak for 24 hours (enabling me to jam it into a tobs dish) and then with soaked boar brush swirl a few times to load and into the scuttle … This stuff is just a mountain of washing up foam … what am i doing wrong (other than not throwing it in the bin)

Thanks !

I prepared this following wisdom gleaned from here, soak for 24 hours (enabling me to jam it into a tobs dish) and then with soaked boar brush swirl a few times to load and into the scuttle … This stuff is just a mountain of washing up foam … what am i doing wrong (other than not throwing it in the bin)

Thanks !
If it's foamy, it's not enough soap/too much water. Try increasing the amount of soap you load on the brush and decreasing the amount of water. It's easy to add more water if your lather is too thick.

Thanks !
I usually squeeze the top half of a soaked shaving brush to get excess water out (don't shake) then take it from there. Seems to work for me most times.
YMMV with a different brush from me but, as @Boycie83 says, decreasing the water/soap ratio will probably work.

Having now shaved with this stuff, it’s clearly another hazing ritual….

’no, don’t use a preshave, they don’t do anything’
’ use Lea sensitive balm’ (presumable cheaper than kerosene)
’mitchells wool fat is awesome’
’a broken bottle is all you really need to shave with ..’

etc, etc ….

Good one guys!

etc, etc ….

Good one guys!
It didn't go well?

etc, etc ….

Good one guys!
How much water did the soap absorb before putting in TOBS tub. I put mine in TOBS tub and add water a wee bit at a time just untill it swells enough to stop spinning when I lather up.
I suspect there might be too much water in the soap so it's throwing you off when lathering up. Try a just damp brush, dipped and shaken hard the next time.
Mitchells wool fat IS awesome. (y):)

No, didn’t go that well, haven’t had shaving burn on my neck for a long time …

MWF goes back into the cupboard until all other supplies extinguished …

No, didn’t go that well, haven’t had shaving burn on my neck for a long time …

MWF goes back into the cupboard until all other supplies extinguished …
If you have some spare time, it's worth palm lathering it to experiment. It will help you dial it in and you can feel the slickness between your fingers. The logic holds true for any soap.

Check out the video linked below (it the link works) the chaps method of lathering works a treat for MWF (and others). If using that method doesn't work, you may have a dodgy puck. There was a dodgy batch a few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom