Mitchels Wool Fat - Anyone old enough to remember the Fairy Liquid Ads?

I prepared this following wisdom gleaned from here, soak for 24 hours (enabling me to jam it into a tobs dish) and then with soaked boar brush swirl a few times to load and into the scuttle … This stuff is just a mountain of washing up foam … what am i doing wrong (other than not throwing it in the bin)

Thanks !
Got to use a nearly dry brush to load it, then add water slowly, and work it well with the brush, if you don't it will appear perfectly fine, and look pretty good, but dry out as soon as you apply it.

It's a good soap, but it has it's little quirks.

Got to use a nearly dry brush to load it, then add water slowly, and work it well with the brush, if you don't it will appear perfectly fine, and look pretty good, but dry out as soon as you apply it.

It's a good soap, but it has it's little quirks.
I was typing a reply the other day which went into too much detail about my first experiences with MWF, so I never posted it. I'm new to wet shaving and made a poor lather the first two times with MWF. One of them looked OK, but actually wasn't (as you touched on). I was wondering about all sorts of factors including water hardness, but I learned with my third and fourth attempts that I don't need to worry about that...

TLDR -
work it well with the brush
I'd underestimated the amount of difference this makes, and how much work can actually be required. Once I put the proper amount of time and effort in (on my third and fourth attempts at lathering MWF), the results were astoundingly different. I'm SO glad I persisted, because if I hadn't I wouldn't have witnessed a proper MWF lather. I was very pleased!

Back
Top Bottom