Mixing my own soap

It was with some surprise Steve's neighbours looked out the window :lol:

foam-city1.jpg

0.25% refers to bay essential oil - the bay rum fragrance doesn't contain the chemical (methyleugenol) so you could go up to 2% in your soap. The cosmetics regs are really strict on methyleugenol, hence the 0.25% in commercial products - but to put things into perspective - you would get more methyleugenol exposure from eating pesto sauce on a semi regular basis, than you ever would from your shaving soap - veen with a high %age of essential oil.
Enough science - now to lower the tone a little - the goat in your picture looks like it might actually have one tap Steve, hiding somewhere, but I'm pretty certain you wouldn't want the contents of this in your soap :D

Coschem said:
Enough science - now to lower the tone a little - the goat in your picture looks like it might actually have one tap Steve, hiding somewhere, but I'm pretty certain you wouldn't want the contents of this in your soap :D

That would be a cream

Steve have you made a will as yet ? ive always liked you and thought you were a good egg..I didnt listen to all the private pms from every other member on here saying you were a tosser..Just so you know like if anything goes wrong,ill loook after the razors well mate ;)

slash said:
Steve have you made a will as yet ? ive always liked you and thought you were a good egg..I didnt listen to all the private pms from every other member on here saying you were a tosser..Just so you know like if anything goes wrong,ill loook after the razors well mate ;)

yeah....................um....................cheers mate :evil: :evil: :twisted:

thanks for thinking of me,
86440219.RjTzeCqh.2wanker.gif

:lol: :lol: :D :lol: :lol:

sunburyboy93 said:
slash said:

yeah....................um....................cheers mate :evil: :evil: :twisted:

thanks for thinking of me,
86440219.RjTzeCqh.2wanker.gif

:lol: :lol: :D :lol: :lol:

Just to let you know steve when the mama bears arrives it has a white creamy residue on top its only the dried soap mate..
honest :lol:

Just trying to get some ideas to make a homemade soap smell of bay rum, i can't just add the Aftershave to it as it will sting the freshly shaved skin, i have tried some Bay Rum Fragrance Oil but it smells nothing like Bay Rum, no Cloves no Bay, nothing, either the person putting it together had never smelled Bay Rum before or i have been sent the wrong one !! :oops:

I had an idea of getting some of my homemade bay Rum and trying to boil it to reduce the Alcohol and concentrate the bay rum but i reckon the fragrance will dissapear as well............?

Tried to mix up some Essential Oils of Bay (the real bay Rum "Pimenta Racemosa"), Clove, and Orange but it just smelled of strong Bay Clove, not the nice Bay Rum smell.

I'm stumped......................anyone have any ideas ?

Steve

I wouldn't have thought that the aftershave added to the soap would sting the skin, as it would be very diluted.....but the alcohol might separate out the glycerine from the soap. Might be worth an experiment just with 100g of base>
Otherwise, you could try to find a Bay Rum fragrance oil from another supplier.

soapalchemist said:
I wouldn't have thought that the aftershave added to the soap would sting the skin, as it would be very diluted.....but the alcohol might separate out the glycerine from the soap. Might be worth an experiment just with 100g of base>
Otherwise, you could try to find a Bay Rum fragrance oil from another supplier.

Hi Sharon,

Got the one from Gracefruit, but as i said it smells nothing like Bay Rum...........? i know it's a Synthetic Fragrance but it's not even close, it smells NOTHING like bay rum, it smells like baby powder or similar......?

I have ordered a different one from Sensory Perfection, will see if that is better....

i will make up 50gm of M&P and add a tiny bit of home made Bay Rum and see what it is like.....

Back
Top Bottom