Mixing my own soap

I'm just keen to see if it works.

As a side line, can any of our soap makers replicate the smell of Moulten Brown face soap (the brown hard soap), or their white mulberry liquid soap. Two scents i find very enjoyable.

heroblob said:

As a side line, can any of our soap makers replicate the smell of Moulten Brown face soap (the brown hard soap), or their white mulberry liquid soap. Two scents i find very enjoyable.

i reckon another week or so to play with scents and colour and then samples will be on offer

heroblob said:

If you want to send me a sliver and smear I'll have a go, but no guarantees. Do the ingredients give any clue, or does it just say 'fragrance' or some such.

Sunbury, sounds like the soap is going to be great.

this lot are good for scents as well

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.theperfumeryuk.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theperfumeryuk.com/</a><!-- m -->

Just a few ideas in the pipeline !!..............watch this space :eek: :shock: :? ;)

Soap.jpg

OK the soap sample arrived this morning so I melted it in to a tub and I've just managed to have a shave and see what it's like.

Well for a first attempt I'd say it is pretty good. The scent is strong but I think I've decided that Bay Rum is not really the scent for me. This is nothing against Steve's soap as it smells similar to other bay rums I've used in the past so I reckon you've nailed the scent. The lather I managed to produce was good, though not quite up to Palmolive standards which I use as a benchmark, but definitely as good as some other commercial soaps. Now for the only downer which, from the irritation I got, is presumably the cushioning. I didn't find the actual shave that easy and when I'd finished I had to use some balm, which I don't usually have to do. I will have another shave with it tomorrow using a different razor and blade to make sure the problem wasn't other factors.

For someone with no experience of soapmaking I'd say this was a damn good effort and I am sure you'll go far! :p I wonder how the others got on testing your soap?

Pig Cat said:
OK the soap sample arrived this morning so I melted it in to a tub and I've just managed to have a shave and see what it's like.

Well for a first attempt I'd say it is pretty good. The scent is strong but I think I've decided that Bay Rum is not really the scent for me. This is nothing against Steve's soap as it smells similar to other bay rums I've used in the past so I reckon you've nailed the scent. The lather I managed to produce was good, though not quite up to Palmolive standards which I use as a benchmark, but definitely as good as some other commercial soaps. Now for the only downer which, from the irritation I got, is presumably the cushioning. I didn't find the actual shave that easy and when I'd finished I had to use some balm, which I don't usually have to do. I will have another shave with it tomorrow using a different razor and blade to make sure the problem wasn't other factors.

For someone with no experience of soapmaking I'd say this was a damn good effort and I am sure you'll go far! :p I wonder how the others got on testing your soap?

Cheers Adam,

i will wait to see how the three others get on with this, perhaps something needs tweaking to improve the cushion effect of the soap i found it fine for myself but maybe i was lucky... :? :oops: :D

Steve

Back
Top Bottom