Mongoose suspending international orders

It's been noted elsewhere but in case you haven't read - unfortunately Mongoose Razors is currently not shipping outside of the US.

From Mongoose:
"We're hoping it's temporary. Sadly we've had many issues in the past few weeks with shipments getting "lost". It seems local postal systems don't often bother putting the USPS tracking info on the packages once they take them into their possession. As such, there's no way of knowing what happened to the package once it arrives in country. The USPS can show they handed it off to the local PO, so they refuse any insurance claim, and being a foreign entity trying to pursue a claim against a foreign PO is nearly impossible. We've lost thousands of dollars due to this issue - we don't know if the packages have delivered or were stolen, but PayPal always reverses the payment to the buyer. "

Well, just heard back from them not two minutes ago with what sounds like good news:
"We believe we may have found a solution, but it will end up costing more for the shipping and insurance. But, at least we can keep shipping out of the US."

Well, just heard back from them not two minutes ago with what sounds like good news:
"We believe we may have found a solution, but it will end up costing more for the shipping and insurance. But, at least we can keep shipping out of the US."
They will end up with a "Special Brit Proof Security Box" like those Securicor money boxes the banks use with the Coloured Dye if you haven't the right code to open it..Spot Big Tam there folks he has opened the Mongoose Box without the security code..He is all covered in Red Dye...Stop you Ruddy Mongoose thief..:D:p:D:p

Billy

Agree.
@ShaneS - you've shipped a lot internationally out of the US. How do you mitigate issues like this one - and has it become an issue?

Not so far. There was one package destined for the UK that was somewhere in the Philippines last we heard. Hopefully that makes its way to the correct continent at some point. But that's the only one so far. Tracking isn't great though and it costs ~$45 to ship a tracked 2lb package to the UK.

Based on my last attempts to send/buy items from/to the UK, I'd be very leery of trying to do it again. Either way it's taken more than a month to ship or buy.
Yes, shipping cost, either way, seem excessive.

The one thing that gets up my nose is that some USA EBay sellers charge anything from 6 Pounds English to 30 English for the same razor. ..EBay inform you that they set the USPS prices..That's Bull because of the variants in postage..I wouldn't give them that money...There is two sellers that I use a lot from the USA and they both have informed me that it doesn't cost anymore than 6 Pounds English to post a Schick Injector to the UK..Their stuff gets here as quick as anybody else's..The only thing that Figures there is Greed with a Capital G..:mad:

Billy

The one thing that gets up my nose is that some USA EBay sellers charge anything from 6 Pounds English to 30 English for the same razor. ..EBay inform you that they set the USPS prices..That's Bull because of the variants in postage..I wouldn't give them that money...There is two sellers that I use a lot from the USA and they both have informed me that it doesn't cost anymore than 6 Pounds English to post a Schick Injector to the UK..Their stuff gets here as quick as anybody else's..The only thing that Figures there is Greed with a Capital G..:mad:

Billy

Oh don't get me started on shipping costs from France - it can go from 4-5 Euro to 30 euro for the same sized item. :)

Billy

Well, USPS Priority with tracking is more than double the cost for the lowest rate international shipping. So it could be that they're using different services. But it could also be greed, too.

This sounds a bit odd to me.
I've never had anything from the States to UK lost, though some have taken a hell of a time.
The Blackland shipment from @ShaneS has been perfect. The USPS track from US to UK showed every step through to UK customs and release to Parcelforce. The USPS number in Parcelforce showed US to UK customs and then progress in UK to me, including online payment of VAT etc.
I got regular emails from USPS, and both carriers provided updates up to post-delivery (Delivered! ).
For the first time in my experience, the two countries' systems were in synchronised lockstep, and kept me fully updated; and "brought home the bacon".
If this works for the Blackland shipment, then I'm sure it's not beyond the wit of Mongoose to do likewise.
If I'm buying a high value item like Blackland or Mongoose, and provided it's not a barefaced rip-off by the sender, I'm prepared to bite the bullet and pay for the blue-chip service. I always try to factor in all likely costs like tax etc. when I order such things, and, while the end-figure may be hair-raising, at least I have a handle on it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom