Mongoose suspending international orders

I'm 100% with you there Shane. I don't understand the Facebook business model either. I hate the idea of waiting lists and refuse to go on one - if an item's in stock I'll buy it, if it isn't I'll buy off of a BST (so long as it's not at a vastly increased price) or wait until it comes back into stock again.
In general, I'd agree that waiting lists aren't much fun. However, those of us who've backed Kickstarters effectively joined a waiting list. I can also understand why someone producing limited numbers of a high cost, high value item would want to manufacture to order, rather than commit large sums of money to manufacture and then stockholding.
The model I'm not keen on is that of a certain North American maker, where Limited Edition releases are trailed by hints on social media, announced, and then sold in a mad online rush where it's "Devil take the hindmost".
Where I really do abhor waiting lists is the circumstance where I join one in expectation of a quoted delivery date for a guaranteed product, only to have slippage, delay and obfuscation over months.

Where I really do abhor waiting lists is the circumstance where I join one in expectation of a quoted delivery date for a guaranteed product, only to have slippage, delay and obfuscation over months.

*ahem* Rockwell.

Been waiting 15 months for my razors.

*ahem* Rockwell.

Been waiting 15 months for my razors.
Is that from the Kickstarter or separately? I had a message on 24th January to tell me that they were on the brink of shipping out the Kickstarter replacements after QC, but I'm not holding my breath. On the other hand, I have a modest £10 Kickstarter non-shaving investment in something which was to have been shipped October 2014, but the chap underpriced it so badly he hasn't the cash to post it out, and I'm still waiting. About the same wait time as your razors, as it happens.

Noticed on a Swedish forum a "like new used twice Mongoose" selling for about 85 pounds was tempted sure is a beautiful razor but a bit heavy for me to actually use.

Back
Top Bottom