Monsavon

i got mine for 1.35 euros - very nice lavender/eucalyptus scent plus other notes in there i can't name.

great lather but it left my skin a bit dry - i didn't have any moisturiser with me so i put it down to that.

nice addition to my growing collection of international soaps!

I got mine in france as well and I have been using it for about a week now and I really like this shaving soap a lot and the scent isn't bad at all.

I wrote on mine Dutch weblog about it and I also translated it to English, so the web blog post I made about monsavon can be found here.

Re: RE: Monsavon

shavecraft said:
It's a decent enough soap, though I don't find the lather as protective or slick as Palmolive or Ingram, for comparisons at the budget end of things. No complaints for the price when bought in France. Wouldn't pay more than that for it though.

Tried Monsavon last night and agree with Shavecraft, it is nice but not up there with Palmolive stick. Shoukd Palmolive stick be the new gold standard?

Re: RE: Monsavon

Diqiu-Long said:
I think its really a great shaving soap, and one of the things I like about it is the lavender scent, and I hadn't any complains about the quality off the lather ;)

The lather is good when i used it just not as good as Palmolive soap.

The smell reminds me anti flea dusting powder for dogs we used in the 70's, not a bad smell either.

Back
Top Bottom