Moving to the dark side

tempImageybdeEM.png
My new babies have arrived.
Thank you so much to Boycie for the Rex Konsul. Great service, although Royal Mail managed to deliver it 2 hours later than the Timeless from the US.
Glad I went for the adjustable as my main stay. A weeks growth and set it high for first pass. Absolutely no problems. Took it down to the lowest setting for the second pass and, well, smooth as a baby's bottom.
Whilst I will never give up using my straights this shave has been an eye opener. It was quick, painless and a smooth finish.
A few questions to the one's that know.
1. the Rex seems to be slightly 'offset'. The picture above sort of shows it but I have released the pressure on the blade so it looks worse than it is.
2. Inserting the blade seemed to be a bit of a faff the housing of the razor is curved but the blade is flat. I inserted the blade but it kept popping out before I could tighten it down. took a few attempts.
3. Should I have released the pressure on the blade after my shave?
4. The Timeless is an absolute thing of beauty and I will be using it at the end of the weekend. the question is it came with a plastic spacer between the handle and head. When opening to insert the blade the washer fell out. Is this washer a packaging thing or is it there to serve another purpose?
All in all a great investment and so far a great shave.
I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT>>>>>

Thank you so much to Boycie for the Rex Konsul. Great service, although Royal Mail managed to deliver it 2 hours later than the Timeless from the US.
Glad I went for the adjustable as my main stay. A weeks growth and set it high for first pass. Absolutely no problems. Took it down to the lowest setting for the second pass and, well, smooth as a baby's bottom.
Whilst I will never give up using my straights this shave has been an eye opener. It was quick, painless and a smooth finish.
1. the Rex seems to be slightly 'offset'. The picture above sort of shows it but I have released the pressure on the blade so it looks worse than it is.
2. Inserting the blade seemed to be a bit of a faff the housing of the razor is curved but the blade is flat. I inserted the blade but it kept popping out before I could tighten it down. took a few attempts.
4. The Timeless is an absolute thing of beauty and I will be using it at the end of the weekend. the question is it came with a plastic spacer between the handle and head. When opening to insert the blade the washer fell out. Is this washer a packaging thing or is it there to serve another purpose?
Don't worry about the strange looking blade angle. It's a slant razor so it looks funny to the eye but it's set up to act as a scythe. I loaded the blade by pushing it in to the cap and holding it there at the edges. Then mount the cap until the pins meet the razor and then tighten. You'll get the hang of it by the second attempt. Don't worry about taking the tension out of the blade. It will be fine mounted in there. If you have released the blade from the pins in the cap, take the cap off before your next shave and follow the same process of assembly.

What blade did you opt to try first?

Don't worry about the strange looking blade angle. It's a slant razor so it looks funny to the eye but it's set up to act as a scythe. I loaded the blade by pushing it in to the cap and holding it there at the edges. Then mount the cap until the pins meet the razor and then tighten. You'll get the hang of it by the second attempt. Don't worry about taking the tension out of the blade. It will be fine mounted in there. If you have released the blade from the pins in the cap, take the cap off before your next shave and follow the same process of assembly.

What blade did you opt to try first?
Gillette. And, by the way, thank you so much for the stash of blades. I went for the Gillette first as I know the name.

The washer between the head and handle will protect the bottom plate from scratches when tightening the handle.

I use a washer in all my razors and can highly recommend them.

Back
Top Bottom