New level of pretentiousness at BandB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Another incident

merwtje said:
N_Architect said:
Result: going back repeatedly this evening to Erwin's 'Vendors corner' thread at B&B (in order to see that vintage razor he offered me this am at a nice price), I found I did not have access to that specific thread. While I can search and find other threads started by Erwin (as a B&B vendor), this specific thread was not accessible to me.

In short, after banning me from B&B they now deleted my sales thread. :evil:

Erwin,

Keep in mind, what they FAIL to do in real life they make up for via fantasy or in this case the web. Where they have limitless powers and have access to the "ban" button. It is here that they are forever met with gay orgies, reach arounds, snowballs, limp biscuits as well as Eiffel Towers.

;)

image.axd

OK

I think I was a bit over the top, in the sense that I rushed to connect this with my B&B PMs to other members and also with mentioning Paul's site in one of those messages.

So no one could actually could access Erwin's sale thread, for the reasons the B&B mods deemed appropriate. Fine.

This is the web; what did we expect? A huge and, still to a large extent, unregulated space. A place where people can get completely out of control. Such incidents make you really think and feel that life, ordinary life, is so precious, peaceful, kind and natural (comparatively speaking). Nobody needs this. Cases like these make you feel so happy when you shut down your computer and go out for a drink, or go play with your kids, or go talk to a friend an have a really meaningful conversation.

For one reason or another we all (more or less) feel nice coming here, sharing ideas, opinions, learning things (mostly on shaving), gossiping every now and then. It is like being in a large coffee shop, where you can hang out any time of the day and meet/talk with 'friends'. In this case 'friends' means people with roughly the same interests as you, in a very general context. The only difference with reality is that this space is virtual.

During the daytime it works like a cafe. You come in after lunch, you know antdad, Pig Cat or Rev-O may be around, so you get a chance to join them for a chat. Then you have Fido who may quickly drop by any time later in the afternoon to discuss his new '220X' design and the struggles with his Chinese supplier. Couple of hours later in the day, hunnymonster may drop in while on his way back from work, and sunburyboy93 may appear as well, with a few acquisitions in hand. Merwtje suddenly appears for just a few minutes early evening, bringing along some very nice vintage pieces for sale before rushing off to the airport on the way back home.

As evening is here with us, the place turns into a pub and Arrowhead, IanM, RB73, Blyth Spirit, Boab and Jeltz are getting ready to come for a pint. Sir-Ed8 has just had a shower and head shave and will be a bit late. Henk is expected on the evening flight from AMS as all are eager to hear his latest views on these new artisan makers from across the Atlantic. Needless to say, antdad is still here.

Then suddenly you hear a lot of noise next door. Loud music, rock, '50s, '60s but also classical in other smaller rooms of that other cafe. Hundreds of people there, some wearing these large Texan hats and leather boots. Pick-ups parked outside. Others being refused entrance at the door. A busy place. A large poster right in the front: "B&B". Whaoo, what's happening here, brother? Some small fights inside, in a couple of rooms. Few people are taken out with bleeding noses. Full of stewards, they are the ones who keep tight control of everything. All rooms have latest technology CCTV. A police unit permanently resides outside.

You feel you wanna join the place, because it's 'the place', but you know well you're better off back into your cafe. People there are not your real friends either, but still you are much more certain you'll get some understanding if you dare to speak and say something slightly controversial. And of course there's no shortage of expertise in anything you may need help on here. This is equally important.

Antdad's phone rings. It's Tieste from Spain. He's still drunk on them getting the Cup. He shaved his left chest y'day as he mistook it for his left cheek. He wants to ask Chibouk and Sir-Ed8 about the SOC. Chib is next door and Sir-E keeps using this NF 2201 all the time. Pig Cat is waiting for Paul but he's still back in Conn Av. and not expected to finish till 1 am with emailing to all recipients that today's orders have been shipped.

Oh well, been a long day. Time to go back home and be with the kids and wife, relax a bit with a shower & nice shave and get ready for another day at the office (but also at that little cafe called TSR) tomorrow.

Life's not that bad, really.

N_Architect

Many years ago I spent some afternoons in my office studying plans for dealing with nuclear war. What a bore it was. If I'd had a computer with access to today's internet then, I think I must just have been tempted to see what was going on at TSR. Great post NA.

Jeltz said:
Well I thought I'd just pop over and ask about the Parker Connaught the other night

Blocking links to the Parker "Connaught" becuase of the name on B&B..........i mean i ask you............??? :roll:
like your reference to the Connaught Hotel shows the whole thing up for the Stupidness it is.....!

Jeltz said:
Well I thought I'd just pop over and ask about the Parker Connaught the other night

Not sure if this ban is working as surely Paul is getting more well known from all this hoo-hah than if he was just a normal vendor on there. As someone wiser than I once said, "There's no such thing as bad publicity". Oh, unless you're Gary Glitter. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom