New Mühle stainless steel razor 'Rocca'

As of today, there are no available Roccas on the Muhle website. I have only read one or two reviews, and there are none of the expected videos on YouTube. Are people underwhelmed by this razor, or were there too few available for sale for the usual outlets (YouTube, Sharpologist, even @Darkbulb) to get their hands on one, and to post reviews. A lot of people have found that every introduction of a new razor is more lottery than transaction.

As of today, there are no available Roccas on the Muhle website. I have only read one or two reviews, and there are none of the expected videos on YouTube. Are people underwhelmed by this razor, or were there too few available for sale for the usual outlets (YouTube, Sharpologist, even @Darkbulb) to get their hands on one, and to post reviews. A lot of people have found that every introduction of a new razor is more lottery than transaction.

Personally I'm mostly out of the DE RAD since finding the BBS-1. I have an option.five inbound (as the form factor intrigued me) not apart from that I don't see myself buying any more DE razors. For now :)

In this particular case I think it's more a matter of difficulty in getting hold of a Rocca than it is people being underwhelmed. Muhle seems to be having some challenges knowing what, and when, they have in stock.

We have a small ROCCA shipment due to arrive tomorrow. I'm not sure on the quantities and what we're getting yet (we pre-ordered the full range) but I believe there will be some razors included. The UK distributor only got a very small quantity of stock.

We only have the following arriving tomorrow:

- MÜHLE - ROCCA, Stainless Steel Safety Razor w/ Black Handle x 1
- MÜHLE - ROCCA, Stainless Steel Safety Razor w/ Birch Bark Handle x 1
- MÜHLE - ROCCA, Black Handle Silvertip Fibre Stainless Steel Shaving Brush x 2
- MÜHLE - ROCCA, Birch Bark Silvertip Fibre Stainless Steel Shaving Brush x 2

Hopefully more stock will be available soon. I'll have to wait until the next shipment before I take one for myself :)

We only have the following arriving tomorrow:

- MÜHLE - ROCCA, Stainless Steel Safety Razor w/ Black Handle x 1
- MÜHLE - ROCCA, Stainless Steel Safety Razor w/ Birch Bark Handle x 1
- MÜHLE - ROCCA, Black Handle Silvertip Fibre Stainless Steel Shaving Brush x 2
- MÜHLE - ROCCA, Birch Bark Silvertip Fibre Stainless Steel Shaving Brush x 2

Hopefully more stock will be available soon. I'll have to wait until the next shipment before I take one for myself :)

I can almost hear the PMs dropping into your inbox.. :D

I can almost hear the PMs dropping into your inbox.. :D

I'm trying to work out the fairest way to offer the two razors (not sure the brushes will be quite as popular) without upsetting anyone (if there is going to be a lot of interest in the ROCCA). I haven't mentioned that the stock is arriving anywhere else yet (seems pointless with the very small amount of stock we're getting) as I don't want to get people's hopes up unnecessarily.

I'm trying to work out the fairest way to offer the two razors (not sure the brushes will be quite as popular) without upsetting anyone (if there is going to be a lot of interest in the ROCCA). I haven't mentioned that the stock is arriving anywhere else yet (seems pointless with the very small amount of stock we're getting) as I don't want to get people's hopes up unnecessarily.

Have interested parties sign up here (or in a new thread for better visibility) - one group per razors - and then randomly select the 'winners' (meaning 'buyers') through an online randomizer? :)

Have interested parties sign up here - one group per razors - and then randomly select the 'winners' through an online randomizer? :)

That's what I was thinking, so if anyone is interested, please list your name below with the handle option which you would prefer (birch bark or black) and I'll randomly select the member tomorrow at 10am. You are more than welcome to put your name down for both handle options, but I will only allow one razor per member (if you were lucky enough to be randomly selected for both).

The prices are (taken directly from the official UK Muhle distributor, so not inflated in any way):

- Birch Bark: £94.50
- Black (black handle only, not the full black razor which hasn't been released yet): £75.50

Does this seem fair?

I think more stock will be readily available soon.

That's what I was thinking, so if anyone is interested, please list your name below with the handle option which you would prefer (birch bark or black) and I'll randomly select the member tomorrow at 10am. You are more than welcome to put your name down for both handle options, but I will only allow one razor per member (if you were lucky enough to be randomly selected for both).

The prices are (taken directly from the official UK Muhle distributor, so not inflated in any way):

- Birch Bark: £94.50
- Black (black handle only, not the full black razor which hasn't been released yet): £75.50

Does this seem fair?

I think more stock will be readily available soon.

Would it make sense to create a whole new thread for this 'selection process' labeling it so that more people might find it? And then just link to that thread from here.

Back
Top Bottom