Hi everyone,

I've been sporting a beard for a year now after years of daily shaving with the usual Mach efforts and foam from a can finally took it's toll. I was more or less ignorant to the shaving world.
I'm now awaiting delivery of a Merkur 34c HD which I ordered as part of a luxury starter pack from the traditional shaving company. I also found what looks like a good deal on Truefitt & Hill Trafalgar aftershave balm @ £15 a bottle so I ordered a few of those along with the rest of the range.
I'm really looking forward to getting started on this journey into finding a better shave.

The Wookie

Welcome aboard Wookie....The 34c is a great looking Razor...just go easy on the pressure you use for the first shave or two, as it can feel a bit aggressive if you press on too hard, as you do with a cartridge razor.......A Fantastic clean, close shave though.....much better than the cartridge ones......Enjoy the journey.

Hello Wookie and welcome to TSR.
I have the 34C, great razor, all I can say is let the razor do the work; it is also loud so you can hear the whiskers being cut. From my experience which I learned very early, shaving with a DE is hair reduction. I have a full tube of unopened PALMOLIVE CLASSIC SHAVING CREAM if you would like please send me a PM and will post today Enjoy
Enjoy the passage.
Jim

Welcome wookie, that's been my daily razor of choice for a year now, good purchase, it's one of the best DE's out there. Do go easy, it's easy to nick yourself in the first week or 2.

Hi & very welcome Wookiester. Getting a nice razor like that in a pack is a gr8 move & it should work well for you if given time to get used to it. If you've been accustomed to canned gels & foams your skin is really going to appreciate the difference once you come to terms with a decent cream or soap. Whilst we all have different favourites for me the common denominator of any true cream or soap is that it knocks the tinned varieties into a cocked hat.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom