Welcome to TSR Wookie, sounds like you've got a nice little setup there. Remember that DE shaving takes time, practice and perseverance, but you'll get there.

Morning guys,

Thanks for the welcome and advice.
Well, I'm pleased to say that I'm really enjoying shaving for a change. The first few efforts weren't particularly good, this was due to me wanting the beard completely off with the first pass, I was simply pressing on too hard and paid the price for it. My technique is getting better but by no means superb, really struggling ATG so a the minute I don't bother and just go with and across. a few observations from me. The Derby blades I got with the starter pack are pretty inconsistent, I don't think I'll be using them in future. I reach for the T&H or TOBS cream rather than soap, I think this is more to do with my ability to get a good lather from the soap more than anything though.
A few additions from TOBS, complete sandalwood range of products. I like to layer scents if possible so the more different products the better. I'm more than happy with actual razor and have ordered some feather blades, see how I get on with them. After receiving a few Penhaligon samples, I'm quite impressed so it looks like I'm going to have a trip to the Penhaligon outlet at York to see what's in the bargain bin there as I'm not into paying full retail of nearly £100 for a bottle, I loved the smell of Juniper Sling and Sartorial but it's longevity was pretty poor.

Once again, thanks guys

Wookie

Wookie said:
Morning guys,

Thanks for the welcome and advice.
Well, I'm pleased to say that I'm really enjoying shaving for a change. The first few efforts weren't particularly good, this was due to me wanting the beard completely off with the first pass, I was simply pressing on too hard and paid the price for it. My technique is getting better but by no means superb, really struggling ATG so a the minute I don't bother and just go with and across. a few observations from me. The Derby blades I got with the starter pack are pretty inconsistent, I don't think I'll be using them in future. I reach for the T&H or TOBS cream rather than soap, I think this is more to do with my ability to get a good lather from the soap more than anything though.
A few additions from TOBS, complete sandalwood range of products. I like to layer scents if possible so the more different products the better. I'm more than happy with actual razor and have ordered some feather blades, see how I get on with them. After receiving a few Penhaligon samples, I'm quite impressed so it looks like I'm going to have a trip to the Penhaligon outlet at York to see what's in the bargain bin there as I'm not into paying full retail of nearly £100 for a bottle, I loved the smell of Juniper Sling and Sartorial but it's longevity was pretty poor.

Once again, thanks guys

Wookie

it will be worth your while buying a sample blade pack from connaught shaving or here

http://connaughtshaving.com/popular.html

http://www.shaving.ie/categories/Razor-Blades/Double-Edge-Blades/

i found the same thing with the derbys (ive only recently started de shaving but been shaving with a straight for a while)

ive only tried gillete yellow, black and a couple other blades but ive found the yellow's and blacks are a lot better than the derby (i was in a rush the other day and shaved without any soap at all and suprisingly i didnt get any razor burn from the gillete 7oclock blacks (i did use loads of pre/post prorraso cream though)

Back
Top Bottom